Monday, July 14, 2014

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Here's the final chapter of SOTR. Thank you to those who waited patiently- took two years to finish this. For all the encouragements, comments and support, thank you. I hope you will continue to be there  my future stories ( if there will be).kekeke.

Again, from the bottom of my purple heart..Thank you for reading my story =)
 
Epilogue
Hyunjoong was whistling as he get off his car. He parked in their designated parking slot and walked towards the building. He greeted people as he walked in and even after how many years, they still get starstruck with him. He was just wearing a blank tank top, topped with a jacket and his favorite jeans. He just arrived from concert in Thailand and head straight to Choi Galleries.
The secretary greeted him and knocked before she opened the door to the office.
“What are you doing here with my wife, Atty.Park?” He asked as he faked an angry tone.
“Well, I was just trying to convince her to run away with me.” Atty. Myungsoo Park jibed at his question.
“She chose me four years ago and I’m sure she will stick with me til’ we grow old. Right, baby?” Hyunjoong confidently replied as he approached his wife who was just watching them all along.
“Denitely, baby.” Hyejung replied with a chuckle and Hyunjoong dropped a quick kiss on her lips.
“Aisssh! Why do you have to always make me envious? Okay, I give up. “. Myungoo uttered as he grabbed the papers on the table and place it back in his bag.
“You have to give up, Myungsoo-ah or you’ll get a beating from friend.” Hyejung countered as she fixed her things as well. “By the way, where is she?” she added.
Just then the door open and a very pregnant woman entered.
“Hello, Hyejung! Oh, Hyunjoong-ah you’re here. When did you arrive?” Fei greeted with a bright smile.
“Less than an hour ago. And then I found your husband flirting with my wife.” Hyunjoong replied.
“Aissh, Park Myungsoo! I swear if not for your son making a ruckus in my tummy, I’m gonna kick you!” Fei hollered but laughed after.
Myungso assisted her to sit on the chair and greeted her with a kiss.
“You know how it make me happy to make Hyunjoong jealous, honey and I gave up on Hyejung long ago. Don’t tell me you’re jealous of Hyejung, Mrs.Park.” Myungsoo explained.
“Of course not. Just stop making fun of Hyunjoong, okay.” Fei replied and Myungsoo nodded. He kissed her again and touched her tummy.
Myungsoo and Fei were introduced to each other during Hyejung and Hyunjoong’s wedding. They are of same age and both were attracted to each other .They started going out and after a year got married. With their connection, the couples became very close to each other. They would sometime go out together or stay and hang out in Choi Estate. Fei decided to stay in Korea after getting married and got a teaching position in one of the universities in Hongdae. She’s now on leave preparing for their 1st baby.
“Yah! Head home, you two. My wife and I will have to leave as well.” Hyunjoong ordered while chuckling. Myungsoo assisted his wife as she stood up and Hyejung hugged her friend.
“Fei, be careful on your home, okay. And take a lot of rest. You’ll be missing a lot of sleep when the little one comes out.” Hyejung said as they head out of the office.
“Just a few more weeks. It’s really hard to sleep even now. “Fei whined.
“It’ll be worth it, Fei. Just hang it there.” Hyejung assured her friend as they bid goodbye.
“I wasn’t expecting you this early, babe.” Hyejung stated as Hyunjoong was driving.
“I was able to get an earlier flight. Are you not happy to see me?” Hyunjoong asked.
“Of course, Im happy.” Hyejung giggled as she steal a kiss from Hyunjoong as they stop to a traffic light. “I was just surprise since our plan is that you’ll just follow us in Choi Estate.” She explained.
“I just missed you so much. I really can’t stay away from you for long. “ Hyunjoong replied.
“Mr. Kim is really so cheesy today. But I missed you too, love. I’m so happy your back.” Hyejung appease her husband and a comfortable silence filled their car till they pulled over a nursery school.
Hyejung told Hyunjoong to just stay in the car. She put on her sunglasses and walked towards one of the waiting area. Hyunjoong watched as Hyejung lifted the little girl who ran towards her. She kissed her and they walked towards the car. He wanted to surprise them so he made a dash to the backseat.
As the car door opens
“Hello, princess!” Hyunjoong greeted his daughter.
“Daddy!” Hera Kim jumped as Hyunjoong picked her up and place her on his lap.
“Daddy missed you so much, Princess. How are you?” Hyunjoong asked as he stroke her hair.
“I miss you too, Daddy. Don’t leave me and Mommy next time. We both feel sad.” The four year old girl said. She kissed his cheeks and wrapped her arms around him.
“Daddy needs to work, baby. But Daddy will always find a way to be back the soonest so you won’t be sad for long, okay?” Hyunjoong explained as he buckle her daughter into her seat.
“Where are we going, Mommy?” Hera asked as they left the school.
“Choi Estate, baby. You don’t have school tomorrow so we can stay there for a couple of days. Do you like it?” Hyejung answered.
“Yes, Mommy! Can we pick some fruits and play in the pool, Daddy!” the little girl asked again.
“Sure, baby!”Hyunjoong confirmed.
Hera Kim-Hyejung and Hyunjoong’s daughter was named after the Hera Choi. It was both their decision to honor the couple who gave them the estate and the business. Hyejung conceived right after the wedding but just month after giving birth to Hera, Hyunjoong was called in for military service.
He bought a house in Cheongdamdong after their wedding. It’s a nice two storey house with a pocket garden where Hera can play. But during weekend or school breaks, they usually head to Choi Estate. Hyunjoong continued his career in the entertainment industry after his service. He has produced his own albums which were successful and starred in a few series as well. On the other hand, Hyejung already quit the industry. She took a few course on business and decided to help with Choi Galleries. She also set up her online shopping business. This gives hers ample time to take care of her husband and daughter.
When they arrived in Choi Estate, Hera was already asleep. Hyunjoong gingerly picked her up with Hyejung trailing after them as they head to the main house. Butler Sol greeted them and ushered them towards Hera’s room. They settled her first before heading to their room to change. They went down after they freshen up and found the help preparing snack for them. They sat down and chat as share food.
“Hera’s big now, Hyunjoong-ssi. “ Butler Sol commented with a smile.
“I know Butler Sol. Seeing her in school makes us realize that she’s growing up too fast.” Hyunjoong replied.
“She looks a lot like Hyunjoong-ah, right Butler Sol.” Hyejung asked.
“Yes she does. But we can also saw some features of you on her. Hyejung-ssi.” The butler replied.
“That’s why I’m going to enroll here in martial arts by next year. “ Hyunjoong quipped which made Hyejung and the Butler laugh. They were still chatting when Hera came down with one of the house helper.
“My baby is awake. Would you like some juice, baby?” Hyejung asked as Hera sat between her and Hyunjoong.
“Can I have orange juice and cake, Mommy?” Hera replied still a bit sleepy.
“Okay.But just a little slice of the cake. We don’t want you to be full enough that you won’t eat dinner.” Hyejung explained to which the little girl nodded.
Hyunjoong cut a slice and gave it to her daughter. Hera began eating as her parents just watch over her.When they’re done with the snack, the family decided to take a quick dip in the pool. Hyejung and Hera wore a pair of identical swimwear and Hyunjoong just wore a board shorts. The father and daughter ran towards the pool immediately. Hyunjoong carried Hera on his back as they play in the water. Hyejung stayed in the poolside, watching them and just dipping her foot in the water.
“Mommy, come here. Mommy!” Hera called on to her.
“It’s okay, baby.I’ll just stay here.” Hyejung hollered back. But then she saw Hyunjoong with her daughter on his back approaching. She knew he was up to something when he grabbed her leg with a hand and pulled her in to the water. Hera shrieked in delight and started splashing her with water. Hyejung retaliated and the water battle begins.
Hyejung went out of the water and took Hera with her. The little girl is already cold after staying in the water for some time. She wrapped her in a big fluffy towel and as she do that, Hyunjoong drapped a towel on her as well. Hyejung picked up her daughter and Hyunjoong dropped an arm around them as they head back to the main house.
Dinner was served at seven in the evening. Whenever they visit Choi Estate, the whole staff prepares a lot. Tonight, they prepared a lot of fresh sea food and steak. They also prepared Hera’s favorite –spaghetti. They invited Myungsoo and Fei but the couple declined since Fei already gets tired easily. When dinner was over, Hyunjoong told them that they’re going out. They make sure that Hera is bundled up for the chilly night and then they head out to the orchard.
Hyunjoong set the mat under the peach tree. Hera settled next to him and Hyejung sat beside their daughter.
“Does this brings back memories, Buin?’Hyunjoong asked.
“Yes, babe.” Hyejung replied with a smile. They gave a knowing look at each other and then Hyunjoong gently leaned towards her.
“What are you doing, Daddy?” Hera asked a bit bored.
“Nothing princess.” Hyunjoong blushed and chuckled.
“Do you like Daddy to sing, baby?” Hyejung asked.
“Yes. Mommy. Sing for us Dad.” Hera replied and then turned to Hyunjoong.
“Alright baby. Just stay here and I’ll get something, okay.” He agreed and stood up. He went to the gazebo and took something from the stock cabinet.
“Daddy’s got a guitar. Sing for us Daddy!” Hera excitedly uttered.
“Daddy sang to Mommy before, baby. We were also sitting under a peach tree that time. Its Daddy’s gift to me and a thousand paper cranes.” Hyejung told their daughter.
“I wanna see the paper cranes, Mommy!” Hera said.
“I’ll show it to you when we visit your grandmother. She kept it for me.” Hyejung replied.
“Okay, now baby, I’ll sing something for you and Mommy. Are you ready?” Hyunjoong said as he settled beside Hyejung and Hera sat on her lap.
“Ready, Daddy!” Hera exclaimed.
What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oho
 Hera and Hyejung clapped as soon as Hyunjoong finished the song. Hera wrapped her arms on his neck and kiss his cheek.
“You are the best singer, Daddy!” she adoringly uttered.
“Thank you, princess.”
“That’s lovely, Hyunjoong-ah. “ Hyejung remarked.
“Glad you like it baby.” Hyunjoong replied.” Come let’s head back. It’s getting late. We have to visit the Chois tomorrow.”
“Grandpa Mirin and Grandma Hera?” Hera asked.
“Yes baby. We have to visit and show them how big you are now.” Hyejung replied.
The couple stood up and Hyunjoong picked up their sleepy daughter. Hyejung picked up the mat return it to the stock cabinet.
With her daughter on his left arm, Hyejung snuggled on his right side. He dropped his hand on her shoulder and they walked under the light of the stars.
 
 

8 comments:

ellehcar817 said...

Hahaha didn't expect the song! Lol. Too sweet!!!

ellehcar817 said...

Epilogue #2... Hj JR on the way...

Anonymous said...

Aww. Ang saya! lol

Isang napakasayang conclusion para sa isang nakakainlab na FF! Weee! <3

Thank you ate! Wala ng kokontra sa pagmamahalan nila! Period, no erase! Haha

Bebe :) <3

Anonymous said...

thanks for sweet like sugar epilouge emma~ssi..

Really hope they r real soon..
they r just so cute n great together..
With little hera n i hope little hyunjoong soon,, they make a sweet family..

Love it much..
I hope u will write other story about uri joongbo couple..

Thanks for ur hardwork..

*^^* shia ing

Storm said...

So heart warming. Thank you Emma. Ending doesn't really end here right?It always opens another page..I know you will not stop writing about our fave couple right..thank you Emma and looking forward to your new story.

Anonymous said...

aww... happy ending for a happy couple.. <3
ilabas na sana talaga si peanut..asap..lol

thank you sa story ate. super pampa-gv at grabe sa heart heart..haha.. buti din at naging masaya din si myungsoo. at dahil wala talagang nakahadlang sa tunay na pag-ibig..hahaha~

<3

-shu ^.^v

Anonymous said...

Happy ending...even Atty. Park and Fei has a happy ending too <3 <3 <3 ...I'll surely miss SOTR ...and wow really 2 years???? didnt feel like it
:)

Thank You very much Ems for sharing this awesome ff with us....looking forward to more joongbo ff's from you.... i'm already excited for the next one :D

Ate Sue

Anonymous said...

It's really a lovely story. Really love all your fanfics. Thanks you for sharing, really appreciate them. Please write more about joongbo.