Monday, December 24, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's Chapter 13 as promised.Hope you enjoy my lil treat for all of you.Enjoy the holidays!


Chapter  13

Hyunjoong and Myungsoo eyed each other from across the room. Hyejung sensed the tensed atmosphere and gently extricate her hands from Hyunjoong’s and walked back to the living room. The men followed her and she placated them on opposite side of the couch.


“I’m quite surprise to see you here Atty. Park. Do we have problems in Choi Galleries?”  Hyunjoong broke the silence.

“I just came to visit Hyejung. Everything’s okay, don’t worry.” Myungsoo quipped.

“Why do you have to visit her? Is she sick?”  Hyunjoong asked sarcastically. Then he moved a bit to reached Hyejung and held her hand. “Are you sick, Buin? You look alright to me.”

“No, I’m okay, Hyunjoong” she replied with a glare. “I’ll get you something to drink." And made her way to the kitchen but gave Hyunjoong another reprimanding look.

“Tell me honestly, Myungsoo-ssi, what are you doing here?”  Hyunjoong asked as soon as Hyejung’s out of sight.

“Just like what I told you earlier, Hyunjoong-ssi, I’m visiting, Hyejung-ssi.” The lawyer simply replied.
“Why?" He asked backed.

“Do I really need to state the obvious? Normally, why does single man visit a single woman?” Myungsoo retorts.

“I see. But Myungsoo-ssi, do you know why a man calls a woman, Buin?" Hyunjoong reacted with a smirk. He really can’t believe that the lawyer is making a move on Hyejung.

“But you’re not together. It was a make believe show.  Look, Hyunjoong-ssi, if she told me that you’re in a relationship, I would step back and let it be. I won’t be insisting myself. But since she is not in a relationship with you, I will try my best to win her heart.” Myungsoo declared.

Before Hyunjoong can say his piece, Hyejung walked in with a tray of cakes and iced tea.

“Hyunjoong, here’s your drink. Try this cake too.” And hand him a plate of Oreo cheese cake. “Here’s one for you too, Atty.Park.”

The two men murmured their thank you’s and silently enjoyed the snack. Hyejung watch as the two gawked warily at each other.

“Hyunjoong-ah how’s the shoot in China? When did you arrive?” she asked to break the silence.

“It was okay. It was cold and we did our best to finish early. I arrived an hour ago and went straight here coz I miss you.” Hyunjoong replied with a smile.

Hyejung became uncomfortable with Hyunjoong’s declaration so she tried to change the topic.

“When will the special air?"he asked the idol.

“Pre -new year special so it’s on December 31.” He answered with a smile. Hyejung nodded and turned to Myungsoo. “He went to China to film a special for his drama.”  And Myungsoo just nodded as acknowledgement.

“So, Hyejung-ssi, what do you think about the play?  Can you go out with me then?" Myungsoo asked.

“What play, Buin?” Hyunjoong enquired with a scowl on his face.

“I asked Hyejungssi if she wanted to come and watch Legally Blonde with me.” Myungsoo replied for Hyejung.

“I’m still going to check my schedule Myungsoo-ssi. I’ll let you know once I confirm with my manager. Would that be okay?”  Hyejung answered.

“Okay, no problem. I hope you can make it. I’m sure we’ll enjoy the show.”  The lawyer agreed, a hopeful smile plastered on his face. Hyunjoong on the other hand started sulking. Just then, Myungsoo’s phone rang. He excused himself to answer the phone.

“You’re not coming with him, right?” Hyunjoong uttered while brooding.

“Huh? To the play? I’m not yet sure. I’d love to see Legally Blonde on stage but I still need to check my schedule.” Hyejung simply replied making Hyunjoong sulk all the more.

Myungsoo walked back to the living room but didn’t go back to his seat. He just told Hyejung that he needed to go since Atty Jay Song needs to talk to him.  Hyejung stood up and see him to the door. When she got back, Hyunjoong was just sitting coldly so she decided to sit beside him.

“You could have told me you want to watch that play. I would have bought tickets to the gala show.” He said as soon as she took a seat.

“I was a bit busy too so I forgot about it. Only when Myungsoo-ssi mentioned it that I realized."She explained.

“What if you’re free, are you going to accept his invite?” he asked again.

“Hmmm. Would you get angry if I will?” Hyejung asked with a mischievous grin.

“Of course I will. But you know Buin, I realized one thing.”  He replied and then took a deep breath. “You are a wonderful woman and a lot of men will want to be with you. If I want to be your Shillang then I need to prove myself. I will not just sit down and sulk and wait for you to notice me. I will have to compete with all the other guys.”  Hyunjoong declared.

“Other guys? You mean Myungsoo-ssi?" She asked again.

“Yes, Myungsoo-ssi and a lot more. I’m sure you have a lot of admirers." Hyunjoong replied.

“So if I accepted his invitation, it would be okay?”  Hyejung tried to confirm.

“It’s not okay but I won’t stop you.” He answered with a sigh. “I just have to work harder now. Atty Park is not an easy opponent. “And took another sigh but smiled at Hyejung.

“Is that really you Hyunjoong-ah? No more sulking? “She asked teasingly.

“I’ve mature Buin. I want you to realize what a cool guy, I am.” He replied proudly.

“Okay then. If you say so. Now, what did you bring for me from China? “Hyejung asked affectionately.

“Wait, I’ll get it. I left it on your doorstep.” He sheepishly answered and run towards the door. He was catching his breath when he sat beside Hyejung and handed her a big box.

“I hope you will like it. I got this on the first night we had free time.”  Hyunjoong told her and she tried to open the box.

It’s a lovely china tea set.

“This is lovely, Hyunjoong-ah. Thank you!” and reached out to give him a hug.

Hyunjoong wrapped his arms around her tightly. “Goodness! I really miss you, Buin.” He blurted. Hyejung chuckled so Hyunjoong gently released her but he took her hand and hold on it.

“Do you have schedule tomorrow, Buin? “He asked.

“Yes. Oppa will pick me up at eight in the morning for a taping. I will guest in Star King.” She replied.

“Then I’d better leave now and let you rest. Come see me to the door, please.”  Hyunjoong uttered tenderly so Hyejung stood up as well. They walk to the door, Hyunjoong still holding her hand.

“Thank you for the gift, Hyunjoong-ah. Go get some rest. I’ll see you soon.”  Hyejung bid goodnight.

“Good night, Buin. See you soon.” And hugged her once again before closing her door.

Hyejung woke up at around six the morning the next day and began preparing for the shoot. She was done at half past seven and texted her manager. He informed her that he’s not feeling well but someone will pick her up. He told her to wait by the lobby because he’s already on his way. Hwangbo went down ten minutes after her call and saw a black Cayenne on hazard. Since it’s not her manager’s car she just ignored it. She was startled when it honked and the windows slightly rolled down. She gasped when she saw who’s on the driver’s seat. She run towards the car and got in quickly.

“Good morning, Buin. I will drive you to your shoot today.”  He greeted her with his mega watt smile.

“Good morning, Hyunjoong-ah. You don’t have schedule? She greeted back.

“I’m all yours today Buin. Don’t worry your manager’s not sick. I just asked him if I can pick you up and he agreed with me.” He explained.

“Oh, okay. You seem to be friends with my manager.” She replied.

“I promised to introduce him to my coordi noona.” Hyunjoong confessed and the couple‘s laughter filled the car.

“Hyunjoong-ah, where will you stay while we film?” Hyejung asked.

“I’ll stay in your dressing room. Don’t worry your manager ensured that you’ll have the room for yourself. “He replied. Hyejung just nodded thinking that her manager and Hyunjoong planned it all.

When they arrived in SBS, Hyejung quickly got out of the car. Hyunjoong will try to sneak to her dressing room once they started filming. She reminded him to be extra careful so no one will see him. Hyejung was worried the whole shoot but she tried to act cool so that no one will notice. When the shoots over she hurriedly rush to her dressing room and locked it just so that no one will barge in. She was astonished at what she saw.

Hyunjoong set up a mini picnic. He was sitting on plaid linen, a wicker basket beside him, sandwiches and drinks ready for her. He urged her to take a seat and together they enjoyed the quick snack.

“Buin, we still have somewhere to go. I will wait for you in the car. “He told her as he packed everything in his bag. He then stealthily walked out of Hwangbo’s dressing room and she followed him after ten minutes.

They were on the road when Hyejung asked where they were heading. Hyunjoong simply smiled at her and told her that they’re heading to his place for a movie marathon.

“I know you don’t have any schedule after Star King. Let’s just enjoy this day, Buin.” He cajoled as they made their way to his apartment. Hyejung just nodded. Who can resist Hyunjoong’s aegyo?

And at eight in the evening, Hyunjoong sent her back to her place- Both with a contented smile on their face and Hyejung waving at him till she can see his car no more.


p.s  next chapter will be Atty Park's moves..lol..

6 comments:

Simply MC said...

wwwiiihhhiiiiii Hyun Joong so cool.. lols.. go go go for it Hyun Joong-ah.. wwooooottttt..

hmmmm.. why don't i feel excited with the next chappie.. lols.. (Atty. Park's moves) roflmao...

what a great present sis! Merry Christmas! God bless! kiss kiss ~~

wulan said...

go hyun joong...go hyun joong...hyun joong fighting!!!!!

hb heart already lies with hj from the start. you're welcome to try to woo hb, atty. but i doubt hb will easily replace hj in her heart.

thx for the update Em :-)


Anonymous said...

thank you! you kept your promise... although i'm not sure with the next chapter. hahaha =P i'm worried that it'll break my heart badly. hahaha - jumi ^_^

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas...¡Feliz Navidad!

ellehcar817 said...

즐거운 크리쓰마쓰!!!

Anonymous said...

The competitive HJ strikes again :P and looks like he is going to win his Buin's heart...but I like that Atty. Park is nor gonna make it easy for him :D

Thanks for the update Ems....MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Ate Sue