Monday, December 23, 2013

Hot Choco Christmas

Merry Christmas Chingus! This is my gift to all of you. This story maybe a cliche' but hope you will still like it. Happy Holidays and enjoy the season with your love ones..

Hot Choco Christmas

Hey, Love!” I greeted as soon as other party picked up the call.

“Hey baby. How are you?” he replied.

“I’m home. I just need to pick up my things before my flight at 3pm. I’ll just see you in our place, okay?” I had spoken.

“My flight’s at a later time but I’ll be home tonight. See you later, Hyejung. I love you” he whispered affectionately

“I love you, too, Hyunjoong. See you later.”  And with that I ended the call.

Hyunjoong and I have been together for four years now. We haven’t admitted it in public but it’s already a common knowledge in our industry. After our stint in We got married, my young make believe groom pursued me and after giving him a hard time-it actually took him six months; I said yes to him. It’s not an easy road but we tried to make things work out. Now he’s busy filming for his new drama while I am studying in Hongkong. I already lie low in show business especially now that Muhan Girls ended. I just came back from Hongkong and I’m heading to our place – in Jeju.

After fixing my bags I head out for an hour drive to the airport. It’s the eve before Christmas and good thing that Hyunjoong got a break for this holiday. Filming will resume by the New Year and I will also head back to Hongkong. I’m almost ten minutes away from the airport when the throbbing in my head worsens. I’ve been feeling unwell since I woke up – but I shrugged it off since I need to fly to Jeju.

 I endure the pain that I’m feeling; I checked in immediately and waited for my flight. The airport’s already packed with tourists on holiday vacation. I chose a secluded spot to wait for boarding and then texted my boyfriend even though I’m not sure if he’ll be able to read it. After about thirty minutes, I heard them call for boarding and follow the stream of people. I slept thru the entire flight and only when the pilot announced our plane’s descend that I woke up.  My whole body’s aching and the throbbing in my head continues. I already called the care taker of our house to fetch me and after fifteen minutes, I saw him pull in. I smiled at him and he assisted me in my entire luggage.

“Good afternoon, Ahjussi. How are you and ahjumma?”  I asked.

 “We’re okay. Hyejung-ssi. We already bought the things you asked and it’s stocked up in the freezer.  “He replied.

“Thank you. Would you mind if I took a nap, ahjussi? Im really sleepy.”  I ruefully asked.

“Go ahead. Are you okay, Hyejung-ssi? You look sick.” He asked back.

“I’ll be okay, Ahjussi. I just need to sleep it off. “ I simply replied.

“Okay then. I’ll wake you up once we arrived.” With that I closed my eyes and let sleep claims me.

“ Hyejung-ssi..We’re here.” Ahjussi gently woke me up.

I unwillingly open my eyes and step out of the car. Ahjumma greeted me and ushered me inside the house.As soon as I stepped in, I was greeted by our two lovely dogs- Art and Matic.  I ruffled their coat and they followed me as I took a seat on the couch. After a few minutes, I saw Jins running and she jumped in my lap. I can’t help but smile and feel at ease now that I’m home. After putting my bags in my room, Ahjussi and ahjumma bid goodbye. I send them off at the front door and was surprised when Ahjumma walk back to me and asked.

“Are you sure you’re okay to be alone here, Hyejung?  Would you like me to accompany you till Hyunjoong arrives? “

“I’ll be okay, ahjumm. I’ll just rest and I’ll be fine later. Don’t worry. Besides, your daughters are expecting you to there in Busan, right? “

She reluctantly nods but not without reminding me to eat and rest so I will be well. I assured her that I’ll do just that and only then did the couple leave.  I went back in the house and began my preparation.

Our home is a two story loft style glass house. Hyunjoong bought this 1000 square meter lot for our second anniversary but only on our third anniversary that he brought me here. The house already finished and fully furnished. You see, Hyunjoong is not the flower and chocolate type of boyfriend. So imagine my surprise when he brought me here and told me that this property is under our name. When he toured me inside the house, he asked if there’s something I wanted to change once we move in. Seeing how meticulously he planned our home- I can never imagine changing anything. From the off-white walls, the cherry oak cabinets, the comfortable white recliner couch and all the fixtures in the house- it all blended so well. We also have a garden where our would be children can play. As of now, this is the playground for our dogs. This house became our secret hide away. Whenever he and I got free time, we always spend it here.

Since its only a day before Christmas, I set up a table top Christmas tree in our living room. I wanted a big tree but since I don’t have much time- I settled with this one. I also asked ahjumma to buy some other ornaments. I started putting the mistletoe and wreaths by the door.  Some Christmas balls and our Christmas stockings also adorned the fireplace. When I’m satisfied with my masterpiece in the living room, I prepared the dining room. I set it somewhat like those in fancy fine-dining restaurant. All I need now is to prepare the food.  Its only quarter past eight so I just toss salad for my dinner. All the other food I will prepare before midnight- hopefully Hyunjoong will be here too so we can celebrate together. When I finished my dinner, I decided to take a shower and fix my luggage. But as soon as I finished taking a bath, I started to get chills and felt so dizzy. I dressed hastily and lay in bed- snuggled in layers of blanket and comforters to let the nausea pass.

Gentle kisses on my face woke me up from deep slumber. I pried my eyes open and surprised to see my Hyunjoong smiling at me.

“Merry Christmas, love.”  He whispered and he leaned for a kiss.

“Merry Christmas babe. I’m sorry I took a nap. What time did you arrive?” I asked as lay beside me.

“Half past ten.” Hyunjoong replied.

“Oh no! I haven’t prepared anything and it’s almost midnight. I’m really sorry baby.”  I immediately sat up and almost bolted off the bed. But Hyunjoong snake his arms on my waist and pull me down to lay beside him.

“It’s okay baby. You’re sick. Let’s stay just like this for a while.”  Hyunjoong tried to calm me down.

“But babe its Christmas. I wanted to prepare something special for you. I’m not sick. I’m okay now.” I replied a bit dejected.

“I know baby but just to be sure you’ll be fine on our vacation, no need to exhaust yourself preparing lots of food. It’s just you and me anyway.” Hyunjoong reasoned out.

“Bu what if?” I rebut but he cut me in.

“No ifs and buts. If we need to cook, I’ll be the one to do it. Right now, baby what I want is for you to bundle up and wait for me in the living room. “He replied firmly and walked out of the bed.

I had no choice but to follow his orders. I grabbed a pink cardigan and another pair of socks before heading out of the room. I’m still a bit dizzy and my tummy’s a bit queasy but I’m feeling better. I head to the living room and smiled when I saw our fireplace already blazing. I sat on the couch, recline it a bit and wait for Hyunjoong.A few minutes later, he walked in with a tray in his hands. He set it in the table and sat beside me. I gingerly sat on his lap and rest my head on his shoulders.

“Are you okay, baby?” he asked as he drop a kiss on my forehead.

“Yes, love. I’m just thinking. We’re together for Christmas and this is the 1st time for us to celebrate it herein our own home. There’s nothing more I can ask for.” I replied.

“I’m glad that you’re happy baby. Here, I prepared hot Chocó drink and some cookies.” Hyunjoong hand me the mug as soon as I settled beside him.

“I was aiming for a lovely dinner for us. I’ll make it up to you sometime, love.” I assured him as we enjoy our simple snack.

“I’ll look forward to it, baby. For now let’s just enjoy our Hot Chocó christmas, okay?.” He chuckled.

When we’re done, Hyunjoong took back the tray to our kitchen. He then came back with a quilt and lay it near the fireplace. He called out to me so I moved towards him. He guided me to sit in front of him; let me rest my back on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Merry Christmas, baby.” And he handed me a small box.

“Thank you, love. Can I open it now?” I asked to which he just nodded.

“Let’s make it official, baby. I love you too much and I’d like the world to know it. Will you marry me?”  He sincerely asked as I stare at the diamond ring inside the box. When I met his eyes, I saw the unshed tears so I close the distance between us and drop a peck on his lips.

“I love you, Hyunjoong-ah. It’ll be my pleasure to become your wife.” I replied with all my heart.

Hyunjoong removed the ring from the box and slip it in my left ring finger. He kissed me once again. When we came up for air, I asked him to stay put as I rushed to our room to get his gift.  I sat beside him and gave him his gift.

Like any child on Christmas day, Hyunjoong excitedly open my gift. I watched him with a smile and I can’t believe that his tears fell when he finally saw my surprise.

“This is it, baby? Really?” his voice quiver trying to hold his emotions.

I nod and before I knew it, my tears are falling as well.

“Yes, Love. We’re going to have a baby!” I confirmed.

“This is the best Christmas by far, baby. Thank you.” Hyunjoong uttered before pulling me into his embrace.

“Merry Christmas, love.”  I sincerely replied.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet naman ng xmas efef ...hayz naku kc dapat real life story na ito.... THANKS Ems !!!!

Ate $ue

Anonymous said...

Hindi ko al kung bakit nung bandang proposal na, naiyak ako! Haha! May bahid cguro ng katotohanan ang fic na ito! Wahaaha. *Winks*

This is how I imagine them ngayong pasko. Hehehe. Salamat and maligayang pasko unnie! ♥

Bebe

Anonymous said...

al = alam

Excited si ako haha

ellehcar817 said...

Merry Christmas!!! Loving their "present"

Anonymous said...

=') ang sweet~~
yung totoo ate, ini-stalk mo sila sa jeju no? pano mo nalaman itong moment nilang ito? lol =P

thank you ate... merry christmas!! <3

-shu ^.^v

Anonymous said...

kaka-touch naman!!♥♥..just made christmas a lot happier!!

thanks sa gift ehms!!

eliza

Merry Christmas

Simply MC said...

kyaaaahhhhhhhh so so so sweeeeeetttttt...

Merry Merry Christmas sis Ems.. and this is really a wonderful gift.. my eyes got misty.. i really wish its for REAL ^^ .. God bless always.. and enjoy each moment with your loved ones... kiss kiss ~~

Ss501 official said...

Awwww... this made me feel better... it's xmas eve and im sick.. i wish someone will wake me up with sweet kisses like Hyun Joong did... Uber sa kilig ang noche buena kong 2 ate emz! Salamat ng marami... Merry Christmas po^^

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful presents for christmas... i hope they really will be real a couple as in ur sweet story..

thanks for the sweet christmas gift emma~ssi...

and i hope u will update somewhere over the rainbow as soon as u can..

♬♩♪♬♩ ....we wish u MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR...♪♩♬♩♪

*^^* shia ing

Anonymous said...

wow you captured accurate physical symtom of newly pregnant Hye Jung. I experienced same thing. I thought I was coming down with cold/flu with both of my kid. LOL

Very sweet story. Thank you for making my holiday extra special! Merry Christmas Gina! ❤️

LvK

Anonymous said...

Oh so sweet, thanks for this cute story ^_^

-lakehouse

Storm said...

Emma Merry Christmas..What a lovely update you got there.. I check your blog every now and then for any update.. You keep my heart warm in our cold,snowy weather..

Anonymous said...

wooooow! Really a Merry Christmas...
Sorry for late comment!beenvery busy!

Thanks for this... lakas makagising ng imaginations... but i know in my heart soon.. soon! a basta! SEGYERO!

Anonymous said...

yey! a joongbo baby on 2014! thank you so much for the update. sorry for seeing it late but still... happy new year! can't wait for that to really happen. - jumi ^_^