Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Curse

Here's the next chapter.. I would really appreciate comments..

Chapter 6

Hyunjoong can’t keep his eyes on the road while driving. He keeps on looking at Hwangbo. She was so silent, her back towards Hyunjoong and just staring at the road.



“Hey Buin, talk to me.” He said as he nudged her.


She turned and faced Hyunjoong. She took a deep breath and asked.


“Why did you ask me to see you today?”


“I don’t know. I just feel like doing so.” He answered back casually. “And why did you come?” he asked her back.


“Because Mom’s been bugging me. “She replied. “ Arggg.. This is uncomfortable!” she exclaimed and then lifted her blouse to remove the pillow on her tummy.


“About what?” Hyunjoong asked again while ogling Hyejung. He accidentally saw her tummy when she lifted her blouse.


“She’s insisting that I have to get married before my 33rd birthday or else I die. Now that I broke up with my stupid ex boyfriend, she wants me to find a man or else she’ll set me up with someone. “Hyejung answered.


“She already broke up with him. Thank you for the good news.” Hyunjoong whispered to himself.


Hyejung keep quiet after that. Her eyes on the road while biting her nails. Hyunjoong was trying to gauge her mood when she suddenly turned to him and asked.


“Hyunjoong, are you gay?”


Hyunjoong just laughed out loud. He just pinched Hyejung's cheeks and continued driving.


“Hey! Answer me. Are you or are you not?” Hwangbo enquired again.


Hyunjoong just ignored her. She continued to pester him with an answer. She keeps on asking him on and on. Hyunjoong was still mum but when the stop light turned red, he suddenly grabbed her and kissed her full on the lips. It’s a kiss she never imagined. It’s full of passion and she can’t help but to kissed him back. Although both of them were restrained by the seat belt, Hwangbo was able to turn herself more towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Hyunjoong started running his hands on her thighs when a loud honking startled them both. Hwangbo pushed him away and he speeds up the car since the light already turned green.


When Hwangbo finally composed herself she uttered in a small voice.


“A simple yes or no would be enough”.


Hyunjoong smiled and replied. “I don’t want you to ever doubt that I’m a man Buin.”


“I was just trying to make sure.” She answered.


“So are you sure now? Or do you want me to prove you some more?” he jokingly asked her.


She just gave him a deadly glare. He again reached out and pinched her cheeks.


“Aissh, stop doing that Hyunjoong." and she hit his arms to get back at him.


They’re almost at her apartment when Hwangbo asked Hyunjoong to stop at a convenience store. She hurriedly purchased food to cook for lunch. Once done she ran towards the car so they can leave immediately. Upon arriving at her apartment, Hwangbo asked Hyunjoong to just use the stairs to avoid other people seeing him. Good thing she’s just in the 3rd floor or he would never agree even if she’ll insist.


Hwangbo waited for him just outside her door. Hyunjoong got the keys and the bag from her hands and open the door of her apartment. He went directly to the kitchen as if he’s so familiar with her place when a voice from the living room startled them both.


“I have been waiting for the two of you. What took you so long?”


“Omma!” Hwangbo exclaimed while Hyunjoong became statue like.


“You’ve got some explaining to do Jungie.” Her mom demanded.


Hwangbo dragged Hyunjoong with him. Never letting go of his hands. Both bowed down as they reached her mother.


“Hwangbo Hye Jung! Why are you dressed like that?” her mom asked in total surprise.


Only then did the couple realized that they were still wearing their disguise. Good thing she was able to remove the pillow in the car.


“Mom, can we just change our clothes first? It’s a bit hot.We will explain everything after” Hwangbo pleaded. Then she again dragged the stunned Hyunjoong when her mom hesitantly agreed.


Hwangbo immediately went to her dresser, grab a confortable pair of jeans and shirt and throw a bigger shirt to Hyunjoong. She then head to the bathroom and change. When she came out, Hyunjoong was by the bedside table looking at the picture frames. He then called her and she sat beside him.


“Buin, what are we going to do?” he asked in a hushed voice.


“We just have to pretend that we’re really together. My mom already knows you and I know she’s not going to object." She explained.


“For how long are we going to do this?” he then again asked.


“Just like what I told you earlier, she believes that I will die if I won’t get married before I turn 33. Now, don’t worry. I won’t asked you to marry me. We will just have to pretend. By that time, rumors of you being gay would have died down.” Hyejung enlightened him.

 “I will agree with you but in one condition.” He replied.


“And what is that?” Hwangbo answered back.


“You and I will have to live together in my apartment." Hyunjoong simply replied.


“Why do we have to stay there? I love my apartment. I don’t want to give it up.” She rebuts.


“Then I won’t participate in this. My agency can easily clarify my name even after the earlier press conference.” He firmly said.


“But you said you’d help. You said we're in this together.” Hyejung tried to win over him by using his earlier words.


“I know I said that Buin. But what I’m asking from you is also so simple. If we have to pretend, I want your family to feel that I’m also a good catch.” Hyunjoong reasoned out.


They both heard a knock on the door followed by her mother’s voice.


“Hey, what are you two doing there? Come out immediately.”


“We'll be out in a minute Omma.” Hyejung hollered back.


“So, Buin, do we have a deal?” Hyunjoong asked while stroking her hair.


Hwangbo knew that she doesn’t have a choice. It’s better to be with Hyunjoong that letting her Mom set her up with someone else.


“When do I have to transfer?” she asked in resignation.


“I’ll help you move in tomorrow.” Hyunjoong replied with delight.


“Alright. I’ll pack my things tonight. Now, come on. We have to face my mother.” And she stood up and walk towards the door.


Hyunjoong run after her and draped his arms on her shoulder.


“What are you doing?” Hyejung asked with a raised eyebrow.


“We have to convince her Buin." He replied with that sleazy smile. He opened the door and both bowed again in front of her mom.


“Hyunjoong, are you and my Jungie really together?" Hyejung’s Mom asked.


“Yes, Omma. And we're getting married soon." Hyunjoong replied full of pride while Hwangbo was left flabbergasted

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot! Unnie I like how this is going.. anu kaya manyayare pag magkasama na cla? hahaha

bebe. :)

Anonymous said...

“I don’t want you to ever doubt that I’m a man Buin.”
kkyyyaaaaaaa~~~~ ♥____________♥
don't ever doubt, hwangbuin.. ;)

i love this!

-shu ^_^v

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaaaa this is like so......... basta LUV IT

cant w8 for chap 7...gusto ko ng malaman mga kaganapan (lalim nyan) pag magkasama na sila :D TNX sa update ems...kahit na marami kang work may update pa din mwahhh

Ate Sue

ellehcar817 said...

I was asleep, but I'm awake now!!!! it's like watching those kdramas! thanks for the update!!! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Anonymous said...

I was laughing reading hyun joong pinching hye jung's face. I can totally imagine the playful grin on his face..keke