Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Curse

Here's another chapter for you guys...

Chapter 7


Previously: “Yes, Omma. And were getting married soon. “Hyunjoong replied full of pride while Hwangbo was left flabbergasted.

“Hyunjoong, I hope you’re serious about this. My Jungie’s not getting any younger. When are you planning to get married by the way? “Hyejung’s Mom asked.

“Omma.” Hyejung butt in. “Let’s not rush things. We just got back together. Let us enjoy being together first.” She added.

“But Hyejung, remember what I told you.” Her mom reasoned out.

“I know that Omma. I won’t forget.”  Hyejung replied. 

“Mother-in-law, I will just have to ask your permission. I already asked Hyejung to move in with me so we can spend more time together. That way we can also plan the wedding easily.”  Hyunjoong politely asked.

“Oh, is that so? Well it’s ok for me. When are you moving in?” she turned to Hwangbo.

“By tomorrow morning, Omma.”  Hwangbo replied.

“Ok. Just leave me your address Hyunjoong. I will try to visit sometime.”   Her Mom ordered.

“I will Mother-in-law. You can also just inform me if you want to visit and I will come and fetch you.”  Hyunjoong responded.

“No need. I know you’re busy. Just give me the address” She refused to which Hyunjoong just nodded.

“Omma, why are you here, by the way.”  Hyejung asked.

“I was just going to visit you and then I heard the news. I need to confirm it to you directly.”  She replied.

“Buin, come on. Let’s cook so we can have lunch with your Mom.” Hyunjoong told Hwangbo and then bowed before his soon to be "mother-in-law".

The two left and went to the kitchen so they can prepare lunch.  Hwangbo began cutting the vegetables for the kimchi stew while Hyunjoong was just standing behind her. Hyejung then turned to him and asked.

“Why did you tell her that we’re getting married? I told you that it’s not needed. “She scolded him.

“Just to give her peace of mind, Buin. Come on don’t fret too much. “Hyunjoong replied- sneakily smiling at her.

Hyejung finished all the dishes in less than 30 minutes. Hyunjoong helped her prepare the dining table and the three enjoyed their lunch.  All the while, Hyejung’s Mom kept on asking things to Hyunjoong to which he politely answered. After lunch, her Mom left immediately so she can visit her friends. Hyejung began tidying up the kitchen while Hyunjoong waited for her in the living room.  When she’s done she went to him so they can talk.

“You know, Hyunjoong, you’ve changed so much.”  She began.

“Change it what way, Buin?”  He asked.

“The way you were talking with Omma earlier. You used to have senior phobia. “Hwangbo explained.

“Well, I don’t know Buin. Maybe because I feel comfortable with her.” He replied. “And Buin, its Shillang for you.  Not Hyunjoong.

“Well, whatever." and Hyejung glowered at him. " By the way what time will you pick me up tomorrow?” She asked.

“Around 4am. “ Hyunjoong responded.

“Ok. I’ll be ready by then. I won’t bring much. Just clothes and toiletries. I assume you have everything covered.”  Hyejung stated.

“Yes. The only thing that’s missing is you.” Hyunjoong quipped.

“Aigoo! Go now Hyunjoong so I can pack my things. You’re giving me headache.” Hyejung pulled him up and pushed him towards the door.

Hyunjoong just let her be. He didn’t even flinched when she pushed him out but uttered before she closed the door.

“Just to remind you, I never wanted to break up with you two years ago. It was you who decided to end it all.” Then he let go of the door, dropped a kiss on her cheeks and left.

Hyejung was speechless. She went to her room and began packing her things. She didn’t expect for him to bring out the topic again. Only a hand few knew that they were in a relationship after their stint in WGM. It was okay for the first few months but his rising career demanded most of his time. They rarely have time to be together and in the end Hyejung broke up with him. Hyunjoong wanted to work things out but Hyejung was already adamant with her decision.  He knew that he can do nothing more so he just decided to remain friends with her even if it was hard.

After about an hour, Hyejung already packed two suit cases. She also has Jins’ things ready so they can move out tomorrow morning. She decided to call Boram and Euni and asked them if they can come over her place.The two had no other plans so after about thirty minutes they came with a box of pizza and bottles of soju for sharing.

“Hyejung-ah, are you really sure about this arrangement?” Song Euni asked her with worry.

“Honestly, I ‘am not but I guess I don’t have a choice. I don't want Mom to worry and this is just temporary anyway.” She replied

“Unnie, what about Hyunjoong? Boram enquired.

“What about him?”  Hyejung reacts. “I helped him with his scandal and he’ll help me out with this issue with Mom. It’s mutually beneficial. “She added.

 “But Hyejung, what about your heart? Are you sure this will only be a temporary arrangement? “Eunie asked again.

“I will try hard not to get too attached Unnie." She answered in a not so confident way.

“I don’t think this is a nice idea Hyejung-ah. I’m afraid you’ll get hurt again.” Boram butts in full of concern.

“She’s right Hyejung. We saw how hurt you were when you broke up. Now you’re directly walking towards fire.” Euni explained to her.

“I know I’m really in a very precarious situation but I won’t back out now. I just hope you’ll both support me. I need that very badly.”  Hyejung asked after taking a shot of soju.

“You know, we will Hyejung-ah.  We will be here for you.” And Eunie reached out and give her a hug.

“We will be here for you Jungie.” And Boram launched herself towards the two. 

“Thank you girls. Come on. Let’s toast for luck.”  And Hyejung gave each girl a shot glass.

“To Hyejung and Hyunjoong! “ Boram and Eunie holler.

“To shillang and Buin.” Hyejung added which made her friends laugh.

It’s already past one in the morning when Euni and Boram left, both already sober after taking a nap. Hyejung let them out first then decided to just crash on the sofa since Hyunjoong will be arriving by 4am.  Still a bit tipsy, she removed her soiled shirt and pants. Boram accidentally spilled the iced tea on her clothes when she rushed on her way out. Hwangbo just draped a blanket on her body and set her alarm at 3:30am so she’ll have time to take a shower before Hyunjoong arrived.

Hyunjoong was a bit late. It’s already 4:15 in the morning and he’s expecting that Hwangbo was already prepared and will be waiting for him. He rang the bell twice and he was surprised that she’s not answering.  He waited for another ten minutes but when the door was left unanswered, he used the spare key he has- the one Hyejung’s Mom handed to him yesterday.  He tried to find the light switch upon entering and looked for Hwangbo. The house was so silent and Hyunjoong decided to go directly to Hyejung’s room. When he passed by the living room he was so surprised to see the woman he’s looking for- sprawled on the sofa, blanket discarded sleeping soundly. She was even lightly snoring, unaware that someone was watching her ardently.

8 comments:

ellehcar817 said...

please please please don't make me wait too long for the next chapter!!!!!

ellehcar817 said...

much purple love to you Emmalloyd! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Anonymous said...

Hi , I'm really enjoying this one and just want to let you know how much I love all your story ,Thank you so much for making time to write been checking your journal everyday hope you don't get tired of writing about JOONGBO once again another good story . And sorry for not writing comment . Tess

Anonymous said...

LOL! I an so looking forward to the next chapters. Panigurado gagawin ni HJ lahat mapasakanya lang ule c Hb hahaah

Bebe. ;)

emmalloyd said...

@ellehcar817.. nyahaha.. as always thanu for commenting..sending u all my <3<3<3

@tess..thank u for ur comment. im really touched..im also enjoying writing this story.

@bebe..bwahaha.. anu ang gagawin ni HJ?salamat dami for commenting.

Anonymous said...

me think HJ planned it all from the moment he invited HB to the press con knowing HB will not be able to keep herself from doing something to help a ehem friend :P....and now his plans is working and they will be living together...atta boy HJ :D

Thanks Ems....cant wait for chap 8

Ate Sue

wulan said...

it's been a while since i've visigted your blog and got treat by the update.

Thx, Em.

Anonymous said...

it's not even pervy... but it/s making me blush badly... LOVE IT!