Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Surprise

Annyeong Chinggus! advance happy white day.Another long fic..sorry if this is sucky..lol.. i hope this still deliver...

ps..dedicated to the twitter girls who keeps on pressuring me..lol..


Surprise


It is white day today. A day where every girl in South Korea expects to receive gifts and special event from their boyfriends, husband or just a significant someone. But – not in my case. It’s not that I’m single- I am very much in love and committed to my boyfriend. We’ve been together for four years and I’m fairly happy. Yes, it’s a bit hard, given the fact that he’s one of the hottest stars (if not THE Hottest star) in Korea, girls flock around him and sometimes it gets irritating. However, my boyfriend always assures me that I’m his number one girl.

Now why am I not excited with white day? Well let me just say that with the four years that we’ve been in this relationship, we never celebrated White day together. He is always working on special occasion like this. He would just send me a bouquet of my favorite yellow roses, my favorite Thornton chocolates and our favorite wine. Not that I’m complaining but it’s been like that for the past years and most probably the same thing will happen today. It’s just that sometimes; we all want to feel a little bit more special on this lover’s day, right?

I woke up today with the ringing of my phone. I was not surprised to see that it’s him calling. I grabbed my phone and pick up his call.

“Shillang, good morning.”I sleepily answered his call.

“Happy white day, Buin. I love you.” He answered chirpily.

“I love you too. Are you going somewhere today, Shillang?” I asked as I tried to sit up on my bed.

“I’ll be having practice the whole day, and then I’ll drop at Ilsan later. Mom planned a special event in Jaksal so I need to help her out. Sorry if we can’t spend the day together.” My boyfriend replied.

“It’s okay. I’ll be in my Mom’s anyway. “I replied half hearted.

“I’ll just call you later, Buin. Take care on your way out.” He bid goodbye.

“You too, Shillang. Enjoy your day and say hi to Omma for me.” I replied and hung up the phone.

I started to prepare to go out. I took a shower and dressed up. After about an hour, I was already driving to my mother’s house. I rang on the bell and was surprised to be welcomed by my mother all dressed up.

“Jungie, Happy white day! Why are you here?” and mom let me in with a big smile on her face

“Omma, are you going somewhere? “ I asked.

“I prepared something for your father. He’ll be coming home soon.” She explained.

“Oh, I see. Can I stay here? Hyunjoong has to work today.” I replied sulking.

“My son-in-law is really hard working. I’m so happy that you have that kind of boyfriend, baby.” Mom told me as she gave me a slice of the cake she baked. “So what are your plans for today?” She continued.

“We don’t have any. He doesn’t have one and bet he’ll be home late.” I replied again.

“Do you really leave it all up to him? I mean should you make this day special for the hard working Hyunjoong?” Mom enquired.

“But Mom…” I was about to whine when she cut me.

“Hwangbo Hyejung, it’s not always guys job to do special events and surprise. We also have to give something back to them.” She reasoned out. “Now, you still have a few hours to prepare. Go and do something special for him.” And she even grabbed my hand and pushed me out of the house. All I can do was to stare at the door after my own mother shooed me away.

I was driving back home when I realize that my mother has a point. If my boyfriend’s so busy and cannot do a special event for me, then why not I prepare something for him? So I took the next turn, drive myself to the nearest mall to shop and buy some groceries.

It was eight in the evening when I heard the phone ring. I paused for a while to answer his call. Anyway I just need to light a candle and I’m done.

“Hello, Shillang. Where are you?” I asked with an impish grin.

“Im almost home, Buin. What about you? Still at your Mom’s” he asked back.

“I’m almost home too. Actually just around three minutes more. I’m walking towards the lift now.” I answered.

“Really? Then were almost the same. Say, I call you when I reached my place. We will have to open the door at exactly the same time, okay?” he dared.

“You’re weird Shillang but …Call” I exclaimed.

“Talk to you in a few minutes.” Then he hung up the phone.

I giggled as I hung up and waited for his call. I was counting the minutes and was startled when my phone rings.

“ Buin, I’m in front of my door now. How about you?” he asked.

“Me too.” I simply answered while walking towards the door and holding my breath.

“And we count...1, 2.3.” I heard him count. As soon as he finished I opened the door and shouted.

“Surprise!”

But wait..No one’s on the door and did he just say surprise? I was so confused and speechless. After a few seconds...

“Where are you?” we both said.

“I’m at your place!” we answered at the same time.

We were both silent again and then I uttered. “You said you had an event in Ilsan.”

“I wanted to surprise you. There’s no event and I just stayed in your place to wait for you. I wanted to prepare something special.” He sadly replied.

“So, what do we do now, I’m in your place, and you are in mine.” I asked a bit frustrated

“I’ll go get you. We checked what you have prepared for me then we’ll drive back to here? Is that okay?” he asked calmly.

“It’s okay. I’ll wait for then. I’m sorry, Shillang for ruining your surprise.” I replied warily.

He just chuckled and answered full of affection. “You didn’t ruin it Buin. You were only trying to surprise me too. Just stay there and wait for me, okay. I ll be there in a while.”

“I’ll wait for you. Take care on the road, love. See you soon.” And we hung up at the same time.

I then rushed towards the kitchen, checked the food I prepared. I also baked a heart shape cake earlier and its sitting in the centre of the dining table. I double check my clothes; I bought a simple black dress earlier and new strappy heels. My make up’s very minimal and I waited for him by the door with a glass of wine to welcome him. I texted him to ring the door and not use his key.

A few minutes after, I heard a faint rapt on the door and saw him on the intercom. I gently opened the door and said “Surprise!”

His smile almost blinded me, I snaked my free arm around him and whispered. “Happy white day, baby.”

He took the glass in my hand, drops it on a console and gently lifted me off my feet. He walked with me in his arms and gently let me down when we reached the dining room.

He checked the food on the table and asked with a grin. “Well, looks like you’ve been busy, Buin. Did you even bake that cake?”

I nodded and led him to one of the chair. He grabbed my hand and gently pulls me so I can sit on his lap. I swatted his arms and stood up. I took another chair and sat next to him. He pouted so I pecked a kiss on his lips and serves him food. That made him smile and we enjoy our simple dinner together.

After about thirty minutes, we were done eating and just resting in the living room. We were huddled together; he’s enjoying his wine while I feed him cake. After about thirty minutes we stood up together and left his place. When we reached my apartment, he told me to wait outside, give him five minutes then knock on my door. It made me laugh, sometimes we both can really be silly but I don’t care. We are in love and it makes us happy.

When I open the door, I was surprised, to see him standing in the middle of the living room, surrounded by balloons. He had a big bouquet of yellow roses and I carefully walked towards him.

“Happy white day Buin.” He greeted as he hand the bouquet to me.

“Thank you, Shillang.” I gladly replied.

He ushered me to the dining room and I saw the food he prepared. There’s pasta and chicken and even salad. There stood a bowl of strawberry and melted chocolate.

“Don’t worry, Buin. We don’t need to eat all that. I know you’re still full. I wrapped it up and freeze it. We can just reheat some of them tomorrow.” He consoles me when he saw the worried look on my face. I smiled at him and grabbed the bowl of strawberries and chocolates.

“We can share this, then.” I cheerfully said. He helped me out and we walked back to the living room.

We were already enjoying our chocolates and strawberries for some time when I suddenly asked him.

“Why are there so many balloons in here Shillang?”

He didn’t answer but just gave me a small box. My heart pounded. Could it be that he’s already proposing. I cannot contain my excitement so I hurriedly opened the box. My face fell when I saw what’s inside – A needle.

He chuckled as he carefully watched my reaction. He hugged me and then pulls me up from the couch.

“You can pop only five balloons, Buin. There are surprise waiting for you.” He instructed.

I carefully choose and pop the balloons, laughing at the prize indicated on each. And on the last balloon, I screamed and tears flowed when I saw the prize.

It’s the sunshine that woke me up today, the day after white day. I gently turned on my side, watching my gorgeous boyfriend sleeping peacefully. I gently dropped a kiss on his eyes, on his nose and then on his lips. I grabbed my robe on the duvet and made my way out the bedroom to prepare breakfast. On the way, I saw envelops on the console and I chuckled when I remember the surprised I receive. A gift certificate to my favorite spa, a copy of Hyunjoong’s cd, his DIY gift certificate to my favorite mall and an open plane ticket to Hongkong for the two of us.

Oh, and if you’re wondering what the last prize I got last night, let’s just say it sits comfortably now on my finger. A solitaire tiffany engagement ring. Yes, folks, I am now an engaged woman. My boyfriend of four years proposed to me on white day and the 1st time we celebrated together. Aint that the best surprise ever?

10 comments:

Ss501 official said...

SURPRISE!! Lovin' that Shillang Style in there! hahaha ~~kyyaaaaaa~~ ate emz!!!! you reaLLy made me so happy coz of this!! Thank you so much... and so sorry for the pressure we gave you! lol
I so LOVE this year's WHITE DAY! hahahaa

advance Happy White Day JB sibLings!! Love Love Love!!

Simply MC said...

kkkyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so SWEET! the MUSHY HYUN JOONG!!! so sweet as ever!!! aawwwwwwww.. tears on my eyes.. so much happiness! you're simply the BEST sis emz! and like what Chin said, sorry for pressuring you but it's worth it, isn't it???? lols.. you loved writing it! and i always knew you know what's his surprise for her.. hahahahahaah.. love ya sis! advance Happy White Day! God bless! kiss kiss ~~

thanks again and again ^^

the BEST GIFT EVER!!! aaayyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..

Anonymous said...

"sometimes we both can really be silly but I don’t care. We are in love and it makes us happy."
--oh they can be silly all they want, it makes us more giddy..ang sweeeeet lang ng dalawa..weeeeee ^_^

aminin mo ate emz, yan talaga ang plano ni HJ for real :P, kasabwat ka nya.. hahaha..WF mode.. thanks for this wonderful Surprise!!

--meenoi--

unknown specimen said...

hehe, nakita ko tweet ni meenoi kaya nakibasa na ko, hahaha...

grabe, galing, galing! gusto ko din ng thornton chocs :)

Anonymous said...

ang sweetttttt....hayz kelan kaya mangyayari ito...sana malapit na :)

THANKS a lot Ems !!!

Ate Sue

ellehcar817 said...

happy white day!

u need to go on lots of vacays! I love it when ur inspired!

08shu16 said...

yes, that's the best surprise ever!! ♥♥♥

kakakilig unnie.. hahaha~ ♥.♥
ang sweet lang nilang dalawa.. super connected ang mga isip nila kaya laging pareho ng ideas..lol

love.love.love

happy white day!

-shu ^.^v

Anonymous said...

Well I'm guilty sa pangungulit! ^^

Sis! Thanks for this White Day gift for us.. super kilig ulit!

Kamsahamnida!

-=freepunkt17=-

Anonymous said...

why didn't you tell me about this?! i'm just a tweet away! it's a good thing i checked the other day. hehehe ;P

i'm happy that you're writing again. that vacation really was good for you. hahaha can't wait to see you again and give you your skittles. i also asked my friend who went to SG to buy me the skittles you like. hopefully he remembers to bring it tomorrow and won't eat it. will give it to you. - jumi ^_^

Anonymous said...

whoa.. di pa pala ko nakacomment. ang gandaaaaaaaa! A for effort kay hj~

Bebe :D