Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Curse

Happy White Day Korea!! And because its hearts day , here's an update for all of you. Hope we all receive chocolates today!

From the bottom of my purple heart thank you for all the comments. For silent lurkers, readers thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoy this chapter..

Chapter11



The couple was already seated together with Hwangbo’s manager when Bae Yoong Joon arrived. As soon as everyone settled, they immediately began the meeting.


“Im so glad to finally see the both of you. I just didn’t expect it to be on this setting.” BYJ started. “So let me just clarify, you two have been together for how long?” he asked.


“We just got back together recently, Hyung but we were in a relationship two years ago.” Hyunjoong replied.


“What happened in the press conference, was that planned? “ Yoong Joon asked again.


“Bae Yoong Joon ssi, I would really like to apologize. It was not planned and I know it was a hasty decision. I know I shouldn’t have done that.” Hwangbo retort.


“Buin, I don’t think there’s a need to apologize. Yes it was not planned but we will still come out soon anyway." Hyunjoong counteract.


“Hyun joong ssi, Hwangbossi, how are you planning to appease both your fans?” Dong Won- Hwangbo’s manager asked this time.


“We both know it’s not going to be easy but they will have to get use to us. We won’t separate just because fans will not support us.” Hyunjoong declared this time.


“Hyunjoong, let me just inform you that as of now, you have lost about five offers for commercial. Some endorsement also pulled out and we are still negotiating with some.” BYJ informed them.


“I know that Hyung. I understand.” He replied.


“Are you sure you are willing to let this continue? Hyunjoong, you might lose everything you have worked for over the years.” BYJ explained to him.


“We will get married Hyung. I know, you only want the best for me but I cannot let go of Hyejung just because fans want me to do so. It’s not because I’m ungrateful, I love my fans and I owe them my career. But Hyung, what’s the sense in having everything when I don’t have someone to share it with? When I come home at night, only the silent walls of my house greet me. I may have everything but my heart is empty. But now that I have Hyejung, everything changed. I’ve never been this happy Hyung.” Hyunjoong affirmed.


All the time Hyunjoong was talking; Hwangbo was just staring and listening to him intently. She can’t believe that its Hyunjoong saying those words. When he finished, she reached for his hand and squeezed it. He just smiled back at her.


“And what about your diehard fans, Hyunjoong? I’m afraid that they will retaliate and hurt Hyejung in the process.” Dong won raised his concern.


“I will try my best to be there for Hyejung. And Dong Won Hyung, I will also ask for your assistance in looking after Hyejung when I’m not there." Hyun joong replied. Dong won just nodded his head when Hyejung suddenly speak.


“Dong Won Oppa, I can look after myself. No need to worry. Bae Yoong Joon ssi, we know that it’s a shock for you and it’s not gonna be easy for all but we ask for your understanding with our decision. “ Hyejung asserted.


“It seems that we cannot change your decision. Rest assured we will be there to support you for tomorrow’s press conference.” Bae Yoong Joon ended with a sigh.


The couple stood up and bowed to him and Hwangbo’s manager. They’ll be seeing each other tomorrow at ten in the morning for the scheduled press conference. Hyunjoong and Hwangbo left the meeting place after so they can go to Shimsontang to discuss their wedding details.


When they arrived at Shimsontang, the wedding planner and her Mom were already waiting and they head on to the office so they can have some privacy.


“Jungie, we already selected a nice wedding hall for your reception. Selina already called them and reserved the hall for the whole month of July so you can choose any date you want.” Her Mother started even before they were all able to settle on their seat.


“Mom, that’s just about four months from now. And besides, we haven’t decided on a date yet.” Hwangbo replied.


“Mother in law, I want to set it on my birthday. June6.” Hyunjoong advised.


“Really, son? Ok. Selina can you check with the hotel if we can schedule it on that day? By the way, it’s a hotel in Jeju and set as a garden wedding. I’m really so excited Jungie.” Hwangbo’s Mom exclaimed.


Hwangbo was just looking at them. She’s starting to get overwhelmed with the planning. After all, she knew that’s there’s never going to be any wedding. She decided to just head to the kitchen and left the three talking about the schedule, so she can get some food. When she went back, her Mom was not there anymore and Hyunjoong and Selina were talking seriously.


“Hyunjoong, where’s my mom?” she asked and the two was startled.


“She already left since she needed to meet another friend. Selina decided to stay so we can discuss other details.” He replied.


Hwangbo saw how Selina was staring at Hyunjoong.


“I can sense something with this girl.” She told herself as she approached them.


“What have you discussed, Shillang?” then she sat really close to Hyunjoong.


Hwangbo can’t help but be annoyed with the woman. It’s so obvious that she’s flirting with Hyunjoong. If it’s only up to her, she wouldn’t let her handle her wedding. She’s only agreeing to this because of her mom. The girl was so engrossed in explaining and offering stuffs to Hyunjoong and the man was just letting her be. It’s really getting on her nerves. After about thirty minutes, she asked Hyunjoong if they can just discuss some other time because she’s really tired. He just agreed and gave Selina his number so they can set another appointment. Hwangbo was very tempted to order him not to give her his number but she decided to just be civil and let it be.


When they arrived at their apartment, Hwangbo was already in foul mood. She went straight to their room and he just followed.


“Hyunjoong-ah, would you like to get married to other woman? She asked.


“What kind of question is that?” He replied with a scowl.


Confused with the way he answered, Hyejung asked again. “Why the face Hyunjoong-ah. I’m just asking. This is just temporary, we need to prepare ourselves.”


“Do you really have to remind me time and again that this is fake? Can you just at least enjoy what we have right now?” Hyunjoong tirade.


“But, that’s the truth. It’s just till my 33rd birthday and after that issue of you being gay died. It’s not as if we’re really getting married.” She answered back.


“Can we just stop this non-sense talk?” Hyunjoong sternly asked again. Hwangbo saw that he is not really in a good mood so she just nodded and just sit still.


“What about the curse? Do you believe it and what’s the story behind that?” he asked her after sometime.


“No, I don’t believe it. I’m only doing this for my mom. Based on what Mom told me, it started from our fore fathers. When he saw one of her daughter who was alone and lonely, he just asked God to take her. Now, the curse is that a woman in the family should get married before she turns thirty three or else she’ll die.” She told him.


“And who would you have asked if you didn’t meet me on that café?” Hyunjoong asked again.


“I actually planned to ask my bestfriend - Junjin. I met up with him that night but he introduced his girlfriend to me. I saw how happy he was so I didn’t proceed with my plan.” She honestly replied.


“It never crossed your mind to ask me, right?”


“Why would I? You’re a big star now Hyunjoong. I cannot drag you into my mess. Until now, when I think back, I wished I didn’t go to your conference so you will not be involved in this predicament.” Hwangbo explained to him.


“So you want to end this now?” Hyunjoong stated with a very grim expression.


“I don’t know. Whatever your decision is I’ll respect.” she answered.


“Do you want me to call and inform Selina that were not going to get her service?” Hyunjoong snap at her.


“So you got her number now? Tell me, are you interested with her? Maybe it’s better if you just marry her.” Hwangbo answered him back. Mentioning that girl’s name really made her furious.


“What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you acting like this? ” He’s now really upset.


“I don’t know. Just let me be. Please Shillang, I want to be alone.” But this time, her voice became very soft and cold.


Hyunjoong just left her in the room. He’s really confused with her. They were happy and okay during the meeting with their management but all things changed when they met up with the wedding planner. He thought she’s going to be excited with that. Frustrated, he just decided to head down to the minimart and bought food. When he came back, he went to their room to check if she wants to eat but Hwangbo was already sleeping. When he’s done eating, he decided to also call it a day. Hyunjoong climbed in beside her and for the first time, they slept with their backs to each other.

6 comments:

ellehcar817 said...

it's okay, just a little bump on the road...

ellehcar817 said...

happy white day! I didn't get any chocolates :-(. I hope u did!

nadene_bruha said...

oh mehn, i cannot believe i just discovered ur blog today!

hope you don't keep us waiting too long for an update

Wulan said...

Thx for the update, Em. Jealousy sparks, hope HJ realise that HB is just being jealous and is not wanting to blow the whole thing off.

Anonymous said...

She's jealous. :P That's okaaay HJ loves her so he wont let go this time? Diba unnie? Diba?! Haha

Bebe :)

Anonymous said...

they should really talk more about their predicament.. they're misunderstanding each other...
she got jealous ;) but how can the wedding planner flirt with the groom!! >:/

i hope they can make up soon.. :)

-shu ^_^v