Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Curse

I was planning to update next week but I was inspired to write coz I saw a cute thingy yesterday. I was planning to include that in this chapter but I decided to just add that on the next one.. With my right ring finger injured, if there are typo's , grammar errors and other stuff.. sorry.. lol..enjoy!

Chapter 13



It’s been a month since Hyunjoong and Hwangbo’s engagement. Preparation for their wedding is now in full swing with her Mom handling everything. Just two days after the press conference, Hyunjoong introduced Hwangbo to his family and he was surprised that his parents were so glad that she is going to be their daughter in law. When they arrived at his parents’ house, his brothers were already there and a feast was prepared for them. Hyejung was very nervous since that would be the first time that she’ll be meeting his family. When his Mom saw them came in, she immediately rushed to them and greeted Hwangbo


“I’m really happy to finally meet you. “And she smiled and said as she hugged her. “Thank you for agreeing to marry my son.”


Hwangbo didn’t know how to react so she just hugged her back. Hyunjoong’s brother and father were just watching them. Hwangbo bowed to each of them and when Hyunjoong’s brother tried shaking her hand, Hyunjoong swatted his hands. Hwangbo can’t help but laugh out loud which made the atmosphere very congenial.


Presently, Hyunjoong sprawled in the living room, reading his manga books when Hwangbo came out of their room. She was in a rush because her manager’s already on his way to fetch her. With duffel bag on her right hand, hair brush on the left, she bid goodbye to Hyunjoong.


“Shillang, I need to leave now. Sorry, wasn’t able to prepare food for you. “


“Yah! Be careful Buin, you might trip on something. Is your manager downstairs already? Hyunjoong asked.


“Not yet. He’s still on his way. You don’t have schedule?” she enquired.


“I’m free for the day. I lost a lot of offers you know. Buin might be the one to support the family one day.” Hyunjoong joked.


With that, Hwangbo stopped and sat beside him. “Do you have any regrets, Shillang?”


Hyunjoong smiled at her worried look. “I don’t Buin. I’m happy with how we are now. I will take care of our kids and you go work hard.”


“What kids? You’re thinking way too ahead, Shillang.” She replied and the couple laughed together. Hwangbo’s phone rang and it was her manager’s text advising her that he’s already downstairs.


Hwangbo grabbed her bag and checked herself in hallway mirror when Hyunjoong called out her name. She asked him what’s the matter but he didn’t answer and just simply approached her. He stood behind her and electricity run throughout her body when she felt Hyunjoong’s hands on her back.


“Your dress is not properly zipped Buin.” his breath tickling her ears as he explained.


Hwangbo shivered as she watched their reflection on the mirror. Hyunjoong’s hands gently snaked on her waist and he pulled her towards his body. Unconsciously, she lifted her right hand and caressed his face. When her hand accidentally grazed his lips, Hyunjoong gave it a kiss. The tension accelerated and just when Hyunjoong tried to maneuver and have Hwangbo faced him; the shrill ringing of her phone startled both of them. Hwangbo started walking away but Hyunjoong didn’t let go of her hand.


“Shillang I have to leave.” she uttered with regret.


“I’ll send you to the door.” He replied with a sigh.


When they reached the door, Hyunjoong let go of her hand reluctantly. He watched her walk towards the lift and raised his hand to waive her goodbye. He was about to close the door when it was yanked open, Hwangbo grabbed him by the front of his shirt and engaged him in a fiery lip lock. She only released his lips when she heard her phone rang.


“I’ll see you tonight, Shillang.” She said while catching her breath then run towards the lift leaving the bewildered but happy Hyunjoong.


Hwangbo tried going home early that night because she wanted to spend more time with Hyunjoong. Good thing the shoot finished early and no problem was encountered. It’s only eight in the evening and she dropped by at the grocery before going home. She wanted to surprise Hyunjoong so she didn’t inform him that she’s already on her way.


She was humming while encoding the password of door security lock. Bag in tow, she went inside the house with a big smile on her face when she heard hush voices from the living room. Hwangbo went on her way to check and was surprised to see Hyunjoong engrossed in talking with no other than - Selina. All the blood went up on her head. She can’t help but seethe with jealousy.


“So, we have a visitor Shillang?” She asked sarcastically.


“You’re early, Buin. Selina came in unexpectedly to share good news.” He replied full of enthusiasm. “Come sit down so we can discuss this.”


“I’m too tired, Shillang. Maybe it’s better if you two just continue with whatever you’re doing. I’ll just sleep.” Hwangbo replied with gritted teeth.


“But Buin, it’s for our wedding. We should both be involved.” He rebuts.


“I’m really tired Hyunjoong. Let’s discuss this some other time.” She replied and left the two.


Hyunjoong was saddened by Hwangbo’s reaction. He really wanted to share this update with her. He turned to Selina and apologized.


“Guess she’s just too tired Selina. Would it be okay if we’ll call you back to discuss updates? “


“It’s okay Hyunjoong. Just let me know. Maybe you need to pamper her a bit. She looks tired and stressed out. Go talk to your soon to be wife. I’ll take my leave now.” The wedding planner replied with a smile.


As soon as the wedding planner left, Hyunjoong went to get a glass of milk in the kitchen and head to their room. Hwangbo laid on the bed face down. He gently approached her and run his hands on her back.


“Do you want me to give you a massage?” he asked


“ No.” Hwangbo simply replied.


“Do you want food? I can cook for you.” Hyunjoong asked again.


“I’m not hungry.” She responded.


“Buin, tell me what’s wrong? I can sense that you’re not in a good mood.” Hyunjoong prodded once again.


Hwangbo sat up immediately which startled the man. She took a deep breath and said.


“You don’t know what is wrong Hyunjoong?” And he just nodded his head so she just continued.


“It’s me finding my soon to be husband with a girl in our house.”


“Buin, she’s our wedding planner. We need to talk so we can have a beautiful wedding.” He replied.


“Without me knowing? And it’s just the two of you here.” She added.


“I know you’re busy so I didn’t inform you. I’m so sorry Buin. Don’t tell me you’re jealous?” Hyunjoong asked with a smile.


“Do I have a reason to be jealous, Hyunjoong?" Her tone so cold.


“Are you accusing me of cheating on you, Hyejung? All I did was to participate in our wedding preparation. Now, if that’s what you call cheating then I’d rather be hands off with this.” He replied with a big sigh.


“I just want you to be honest with me. If you like her then we should stop this pretense. I’ll set you free.” Hyejung clarified with him.


“You know Hyejung, I want to know what I did for you not to trust me. Cheating or just even flirting with other girls never crossed my mind. If you want this to work, at least give me your trust. Don’t throw me accusations and irrational jealousy” Hyunjoong replied with a broken heart.


“Maybe we should give each other space right now."  Hwangbo implied.


“If that’s what you want. Whatever suit you.” He said in defeat then walked out on her and head to the balcony.


Hwangbo was also disheartened with what happened so she just left and went to her own apartment.


She drove back to her place bringing nothing. When she came in she headed straight to her room and dropped her tired body on the bed. For the first time, sleep has been elusive for her even if she’s in her own room. Hwangbo wanted to deny but she cannot fool herself- it’s really hard for her to sleep without him by her side. She grabbed the pillow next to her imagining it was Hyunjoong.


When she woke up the next day, she turned to her side,


“Good morning Shill...” she stopped when she saw that she’s alone. She sat on her bed. She wondered how she can feel alone when this place has been her haven for many years. With a heavy heart she started her day. Hwangbo prepared breakfast but she just picked on her food. She’s worrying if Hyunjoong’s already awake and had his breakfast. Giving up on eating, she took a shower and dressed up. She’s on her way to another taping for Muhan Girls when her phone rang.


“Good morning Hwangbo ssi. I just called to ask if we can maybe meet up. I just need to tell you something.” The caller started.


“Good morning. I was actually going to call you. Yes, we need to talk. Can you meet me at Café ‘France near MBC?” She formally replied.


“Okay then. See you in an hour." The caller replied.


Hwangbo hang up the phone and uttered. “It’s time we clarify things Selina.”

5 comments:

ellehcar817 said...

it's just nerves... lol... or hormonal hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hay nako yang Selina na yan ang sarap sampalin eh! Hahaha

Bebe <3

Anonymous said...

aish silly HB and poor HJ

kinilig na sana ako nung start...then nagselos na HB tsk tsk.... anyways hopefully matauhan sya and bumalik kay HJ :)

Thanks Ems !!!

Ate Sue

wulan said...

ow ... trouble in paradise already?

hope HB can overcome her jealousy and HJ being more understanding.

ellehcar817 said...

whoa! where have I bn all this time?! I'm 3 days overdue!

Thank you so much for a wonderful story!! I have loved every chapter n reread them at least 3X while patiently waiting for updates ;-D. Epilogue please!!!

@(・●・)@