Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hyunnie's birthday!

Wooohhoo! Happy 4th anniversary Joongbo!Here's one for all of us purple lovers.If you're not familiar with Hyunnie, you can check the post- The Pet. This is written in a rush and just trying post in time for Joongbo anniv.enjoy and hope you can send me some love!

Hyunnie's Birthday


Today is my fifth birthday. I ‘am so excited because Omma and Appa prepared a big party for me. All my friends from school will be coming over and even my teachers.  I wonder what gifts they will give me. I know my uncles and their kids will be attending the party too.  I can’t wait to see and play with them again. Now, I just need to fix my bed so I can go down and have breakfast.

“Omma, Appa, Good morning! “ I shouted as I reached the dining room.

“Good morning, Hyunnie.  Happy birthday!”  My Appa greeted me as I took a sit.

 “Happy birthday Hyunnie!”  My grandmother said as she gave a plate with my favorite ham and eggs.

“Thank you, Appa, Halmeonni.” I replied with a big smile.  I look around the room looking for Omma but she was not there.

“Appa, where’s Omma?”  I asked.

“She’s still in our room but she’ll be out in a while.” Appa answered.

I’m a bit worried. Omma always prepares my breakfast. Even if she’s busy, she’ll always find time have breakfast with me. 

“Hyunnie, are you excited for your party later?  Halmeonni asked while slicing the fruit and offered it to Appa. Halmeonnie is Appa’s Mom. She came here last night so she can attend my party. My Omma’s mother is also arriving this afternoon.

“Yes, Halmeonnie! I’am very excited. I know you got me a nice gift!” I replied and gave her a hug.

“Of course! I have a big gift for you but you can only open it during the party, ok?  Halmeonni affirmed and even pinched my cheeks.

“Good morning everyone.” Omma greeted as she walked towards and took the seat beside Appa.

“Are you okay now, Buin?” Appa asked worriedly and he took Omma’s hand.

Omma just smiled at him and answered. “I’m okay, Shillang. It’s just normal.

“ Jungie-ah, have crackers and juice first. “ Halmeonnie gave the plate of crackers to Omma.
“ Omma, are you sick?” I asked her this time.

“Of course not, Hyunnie. How can I be sick when it’s my baby’s birthday?” Omma replied with a big smile on her face. When she smiles like this, I know that everything’s okay.

“Omma, I ‘am not a baby anymore. I ‘am already five years old.”  I replied. “I ‘am a big boy now. See!” and I stood up to prove my point.

“ Aigoo! My boy is now really tall! I’m sure you’re gonna be big as Appa!” Omma exclaimed and reached for me. She enveloped me in a very big hug and kissed my cheeks.

“But, Hyunnie, you will always be Omma’s baby.  Even if you turn six, seven or twenty years old, for me, you will always be my baby boy, arraso?”  

I nodded and hugged her back. “I love you, Omma.”

“I love you to Hyunnie. Happy birthday!”  Omma replied.

“Hey, what about me? You only love Omma, Hyunnie.” Appa asked sulking.

“I love you too Appa” I ran towards him and hugged him too. He then gently lifted me up so I can sit on his lap.

“Are you forgetting your Halmeonni, Hyunnie.” My grandmother asked.

“I love you too Halmeonni. I’ve got the best Halmeonnis in this world” and I threw her a flying kiss.

“That’s definitely true Hyunnie.” Halmoenni agreed and gave me thumbs up. 

Omma and Appa just laughed and together we all enjoy our breakfast.

At around one in the afternoon, my uncles arrived with their family. Uncle Kyu and Aunt Joo Hyo came with their baby girl, Ella. She is just so tiny. They said she’s only two months old. Then came Uncle Mal and Aunt Meg with Uncle Hyung Joon and Aunt Lucy.  Aunt Meg and Aunt Lucy are cousins. From what Omma told me, they just visited Korea but then they met and fell in love with my uncles. I was the ring bearer on their wedding held last year.  Uncle Youngsaeng came in with his son, Hyung Yoojin, but Aunt Lee-Ae can’t make it because of her big tummy. They’re going to have another baby.

Appa and my uncles head to our mini bar so they can talk while Omma and my Aunts helped out in the party preparation.  Halmeonni got baby Ella from Aunt Joo Hyo while Hyung  Yoojin and I went to my room so we can play.

“Hyung, are you excited to see your baby brother? “ I asked while Hyung Yoojin and I played with my cars.

“I ‘am, but I’m also worried that Omma and Oppa will not take care of me anymore when the baby comes out.”  Hyung answered me back. I can sense that he’s a bit sad.

“ Hyung, Omma told me that no matter how big I became , I will always me her baby. I ‘am sure Aunt Lee and Uncle Saengi feel the same for you.  “I tried to assure him.

“You think so, Hyunnie?  I am afraid that they will love the baby more than me.”  Hyung added.

 “Don’t worry too much, Hyung.  Your Omma and Appa loves you. “I replied and gave him a smile. He smiled back and then we resume playing.

After about fifteen minutes, I heard Halmeonni calling me. I run towards her and she asked me to come down because Uncle Jaejong and Uncle Mickey arrived. As soon as I heard it, Hyung Yoojin and I just bring our toys to the living room. 

“ Hyunnie! Hyunnie! Happy birthday! ” I heard her call out my name and I can’t help but run towards her.

“Thank you, Aria! I’m glad that you can come to my party.” I shyly greeted her back.

“I really pleaded with Daddy. I cannot miss your birthday.” She replied with that sweet smile.

Aria is Uncle Jaejoong and Aunt Mina’s daughter. She’s also turning five years old this year and we go to the same school. She’s fair skinned, just a little shorter than me and she have long hair. They always pair us during school programs. But unlike other girls in school, Aria is cool. We can run and play together and she doesn’t cry easily.

“Aria, come on. Let’s play with Hyung. He’s there in the living room.” And we ran together towards Hyung Yoojin.

At three in the afternoon, my birthday party started. Omma and Appa hired clowns and magicians to perform. My classmates and I enjoy the whole show.  We also enjoy the ice cream cart, Uncle Kyu commissioned for my party as his gift.  When it’s time to blow the cake, Omma and Appa stood beside me as everyone sing the birthday song.  I closed my eyes and made a wish before I blew the candles out.  I gave each kid loot bag as a thank you for attending my birthday.

It’s almost seven in the evening when our entire guest left. I sadly bid goodbye to my uncles because I know it’s gonna be long before we meet each other again. Hyung Yoojin said he’ll ask his Dad to drop him off so we can play again.  The last to leave was Uncle Jaejoong and his family. Aunt Mina is now carrying Aria because she’s too tired from playing. I bid them goodbye and Aria just waved her hand. I wave back at her and promised to just play with her in school again.

Appa helped me out to shower tonight. He said that Omma needs to rest. I really began to worry about Omma. I asked Appa and he just chuckled and answered that Omma’s fine.  When we I finished taking a shower and already wearing my pajamas’, Appa brought me to their room so I can say good night to Omma .  Omma was sitting in the middle of their big bed while reading a book. Appa let me down on the bed so he can take his shower. Omma motioned for me to come over so I crawled and snuggled to her.

“How was the party? Did you enjoy it baby? Omma asked as she wrapped her arms around me. Everytime Omma does this; I feel so secured and love.

“Of course Omma. The party was really awesome. I know my friends enjoyed it too.” I replied ecstatically.

“ Im glad that you liked it Hyunnie. Appa and I wanted you to have fun on your party.” 

“I really had fun of Omma. It’s the best birthday party ever! I exclaimed and hugged her tighter.

I heard the bathroom door opened and when I saw Appa came out I asked him to come sit with us. He just slightly brushed his hair then jumped on the bed and wrapped Omma and I in his embrace.

“Appa, I can’t breathe!” I joked and Appa loosen his embrace.

“Yah, Shillang. Don’t suffocate our big boy.” Omma joked too and shower me with butterfly kisses.

“I’m sorry, Hyunnie, Buin. I just want to show how I love the both of you.” Appa answered with big smile. “By the way Hyunnie, what did you wish for when you blew the candles earlier?”

“Nothing Appa. I just thank God for giving you and Omma to me. I have everything I love.I have Halmeoni, Haraboji, my uncles and their wives and my friends. I can’t ask for more." I honestly answered.

 “My Hyunnie is really a very good boy.” Omma kissed my cheeks. “By the way baby, Omma and Appa have another gift for you.”

“Really, Omma!” I replied and snuggled closer to her. 

Omma nodded and then said, “Hyunjoong Appa, would you like to tell Hyunnie what’s our gift for him.

Appa then smiled at me and said, “ Hyunnie-ah,  you will be a big brother soon.”

My eyes opened wide as I heard their surprise. I jumped on Appa and embrace him tight. I almost jumped at Omma but I remember about the baby so I just gave her a big kiss.

“ Omma, Appa, thank you for giving me a sibling. I will try to be the best brother for our baby.” I told them full of happiness.

“We both know you will be, baby” Omma replied. ‘Come on, it’s time to sleep”

“Can I sleep with you and Appa, Omma.” I asked with puppy eyes.

“ It’s ok with me. Just ask your Appa.”  She replied.

“Appa, can I stay and sleep with you here.”  I asked again.

Appa didn’t answer immediately.  I sat beside him to wait for his answer.  He just looked at me and the said. “My big boy wants to sleep here? Then he will sleep here.”

Mine and Omma’s eyes met and then she counted one to three. We put our heads side by side and placed our arms over to create a heart and shouted.

“We love you, Hyunjoong Appa!”

Appa laughed out loud and again wrapped his arms around us. He reached for the blanket and then tucked us all in.  

“I love you Hyunnie and Aegi. I love you Buin.” Then Appa turned off the light so we can all sleep.

8 comments:

sparklingbebe said...

AWWWWWW MAAAAAN BEST FIC FOR THE ANNIV!! Ang sweet!!!!!!!!! <3 Ito ang future family!

Anonymous said...

happy joongbo anniversary!!!

thank you for this story~
at last, hyunnie got his wish..
(hope the sibling will make an appearance soon...kk~ ^_^v)

-shu ^_^v

Anonymous said...

love love love...gave you a lot of love...so cute & sweet^^
To the World...happy 4th anniversary to joongbo couple...wish your love always happy^^

...oaewma

Anonymous said...

such a sweet story...THANKS Ems love it !!!!

Happy 4 Joiongbo Years :)

Ate Sue

ellehcar817 said...

Happy joongbo anniversary!!!!!

ellehcar817 said...

Can't wait for dongsaeng!!!!

ellehcar817 said...

Much purple lurpes to you!!!! Thanks for always writing!!! I hope your always inspired! xOXOXo

ellehcar817 said...

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜