Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Laundromat


I have always been fascinated with laundromat and how I wished we have such here in the Philippines. comments will be highly appreciated. Ciao!

Laundromat

It was already two in the morning but she’s still awake. It’s been days since that shoot for Muhan girls but she still can’t believe what she’s done. She tried pushing it at the back of her mind but it keeps on coming back. Tired of pretending to catch a wink she decided to just clean her house.

Dressed in just a tank top and her pajamas, Hyejung started with tidying up her living room. She vacuumed the carpet, arranged the magazines and pillows on the sofa and even tried to rearrange her furniture. After that she went to her kitchen and check. When she saw that everything’s in order and nothing for her to do, she head back to her room and tried going to sleep. It’s already been thirty minutes since she went back to bed but still sleep won’t come. The scene keeps on replaying on her mind.

“Shillang, are you doing well?”  

Frustrated she sat up and berated herself.

“Yah, Hyejung-ah, why so stupid. Aissh!” and then she stood up and paced back and forth of her room. “You could have done the mission without being so obvious! Yah!!! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!”

She remembered how everyone was surprised with her action but they pretended to just ignore it til after the shoot finished. Song Eunnie and Boram pulled her on the dressing room after and talked to her.

“Yah, Hyejung-ah, are you nuts? What happened in there?” Eunnie asked

“Hyejunga-ah, you could have used other terms, you know people will associate that term with him. Are you creating a scandal?” Boram followed.

“I know, I know. But I spoke in Japanese. Not everyone will understand it.”  She lamely reasoned out.

“And you think that viewers are stupid? Hyejung, just the term Shillang is enough to make everyone curious. You should have known that.”  Eunnie asked back.

“Aish, I know I made a mess but I can’t take it back. PD will not allow us to retake” Hyejung replied.

“Well just be ready if news will come out. I can’t believe you can be impulsive even after you’ve been together for three years.” Boram added.

“I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.” She replied with a sigh.

“Were just concerned for you, Hyejung-ah.” Boram and Eunnie explained.

She nodded in understanding and just hugged her friends.

So now at almost three in the morning, she’s restless, wondering what people’s reaction would be once the episode is shown tomorrow. Just when she was pacing her room, she noticed the clothes’ hamper almost full. Since she knew that she won’t be able to sleep anyway, she picked it up and decided to just go to the Laundromat. She just hurriedly grabbed a hooded jacket to top her racer back. The pajama bottom is decent enough to pass as pants. She pulled her hair into a bun, put on her specs, grabbed a magazine and locked all the doors before heading out.

The 24hrs public Laundromat is only a block away from her place. She came to knew of it when her coordi got sick and needed some clothes urgently. She went here and washed her clothes and after that going here became a stress reliever for her. She decided to just walk with clothes packed on a big back pack. The road is deserted and so was the Laundromat when she came in.  Hyejung went to the washing machines; she separated the colored clothes and the white ones and placed them on each tub. She took another one for the jeans and denim jackets. She then put quarters, started each machine, then grabbed a nearby stool so she can read as she waits for it to finish.

With the whirling sound of the machine, Hyejung became too engrossed with her reading so when the door of the Laundromat opened, she jumped to her feet. She felt a tinge of fear when she saw a man by the door, looking around as if trying to find someone. Then the man directly looked at her and she took a step back when she saw him approaching. He was nearly in front of her when he removed the hoodie and glasses and Hyejung can’t help but blurted out in surprise.

“Shillang! What are you doing here?”

“I should be the one asking you that, Buin. What are you doing here? “He replied as he took a good look at her. Her hair’s a bit messy, her specs almost falling off her nose, and he knew that she’s wearing what she was supposed to be wearing when she’s sleeping but she look damn beautiful.

“I can’t sleep, Shillang. I already cleaned the house; I’ve got nothing to do so I head here. But how’d you know I’d be here? ” She replied a bit whiny.

“I saw your car in your house and when I checked your room the hamper’s missing. I put the clues together. Besides how many times have you told me you love washing clothes in this Laundromat?” he countered with a grin.

She closed the small distance between her and Hyunjoong and wrapped her arms on his waist and said. “God, I miss you, Shillang.”

Hyunjoong smiled and pulled her closer to him. He dropped a quick kiss on her lips before he uttered.

“I miss you more.” and wrapped his arms around her once again.

Hyejung reveled at his scent and the warmth of his embrace. She truly missed this man now that he’s always out of the country. And to compensate the time that they’re not together, Hyunjoong would always come over her place once he got a chance. She was enjoying the moment, when all of a sudden she heard her tummy grumbled.

“Yah, Buin, is that your tummy’s way of welcoming me?” Hyunjoong teased.

“My last meal was before I went home. I had early dinner with Boram.” She replied with a blush.

“I see, just stay here. I’ll get something in the car.” He quipped and run out of the Laundromat.

After about five minutes, Hyunjoong came back with a small box on his hand. He then placed it on top of a machine and motioned Hyejung to come closer. She moved towards him and smiled when she saw the cake.

“Your favorite. Green tea ice cream cake. Eat now, Buin,” Hyunjoong ordered. He tried to look for another chair but when he found none, he gently pulls up Hyejung, took the chair from her and gently placed her on his lap.

“Is this okay?” Hyunjoong asked. 

Hyejung just nodded and continue munching on the cake. He just let her eat, every now and then she’d feed him and he would just gladly take it. The cake was finished in no time. Hyejung stood up to throw the wrappings and check the machines. Still a few minutes more before it’s all done.She was about to go back to where Hyunjoong was when he gave her a back hug.

“Care to tell me what’s bothering you? Why would you wash your clothes in this ungodly hour, Buin.” Hyunjoong whispered in her ears.

Hyejung gently turned to face him. She rests her head on his shoulder and then confessed.

“I think I made a mistake, Shillang.” When she heard Hyunjoong said okay, she continued.

“Remember the mission that you asked me to do?

“What? You didn’t do it? Why?” Hyunjoong interrupted.

“I did. It’s just that, I let it slipped.”Hyejung replied and buried her face on his chest.

Hyunjoong gently pushed her from his chest and lifted her up to sit on one of the washing machine. Hyejung shrieked but Hyunjoong just laughed at her.

“Now, Buin, explain.” He ordered as he stared at her blushing face.

“You told me to ask how you’ve been. I did just that but I accidentally called out your name. I mean technically not your name but I said shillang.”

“Ahhh...So you’re afraid that people will assume that it’s me you’re calling out?” he asked and Hyejung just nodded. “And you’re worried about me and what our management will tell you?”

“I already talked to manager Oppa and he said its okay. I should just be more careful next time. It’s you I’m worried about. This might create rumor and might not be good for your upcoming drama.”

Hyunjoong wrapped his arms on her waist. With her sitting on top of the machine, she’s almost of the same height with Hyunjoong, his face just inches away from her.

“Buin, its okay, don’t fret too much. Even if you didn’t slip on that word there are still those who believe that were together. People can think whatever they want to think. We’re okay, that’s what matters. “

“Calling you Shillang is like second nature. It’s just like breathing. I don’t have to think, it just comes out naturally. Just like loving you.” She explained.

“You know I feel the same way right. I miss you so bad. How I wish I can stay beside you always but we both knew we can’t. So we just have to take advantage of every minute we’re together, okay?” he replied with a smile. Hyejung nodded and dropped a kiss on his lips. Hyunjoong pulled her closer though she’s still perched on the washing machine.

“When did you arrive, Shillang?” she asked while running his hands on Hyunjoong’s hair.

“Almost two hours ago. I went to your place straight from the airport. I was expecting to find you asleep in your bed. Then I would slowly crawl in, shower you with kisses and sleep next to you.  So imagine my disappointment when an empty house greeted me after being gone for a week.” Hyunjoong whined.

“I’m sorry baby. What can I do to make it up to you?” Hyejung asked.

“Kiss me.” he simply replied.

Hyejung willingly obliged. She wrapped her arms around Hyunjoong’s neck and wrapped her dangling legs on his hips. Hyunjoong deepen the kiss and the atmosphere turned hot. She can feel his hands on her back and his kisses demanding,

“Shillang, someone might walk in on us. “ Hyejung tried pushing him away as they come up for air.

“It’s three in the morning. No one’s awake except us.” Hyunjoong replied in hoarse voice and pulled her for another kiss. Hyejung melts into his kisses and before they knew it both were already caught in the fire of passion. Hyunjoong’s hands were on the hem of her jacket, trying to take it off, when the shrill sound from the washing machines startled them. Hyejung fell off from the machine, making her body plastered directly unto Hyunjoong.

 “Arghhh, Buin, forget about those clothes. Go shopping tomorrow. Let’s just head home now.” He uttered with gritted teeth.

Hyejung pushed him gently before running her hand on her unruly hair. She took deep breaths before replying to the still flustered boyfriend.

“Shillang, it will only take fifteen minutes tops for me to get all those clothes in the machine, ten minutes if you decide to help me. I promise to let you have your way once were home.” She replied and moved towards the machine.

“Make it five minutes, Buin. “ Hyunjoong quipped and made a mad dash towards her and help pull out the clothes in all three tubs.

And just as Hyunjoong predicted, after five minutes, he was dragging a laughing Hyejung out of the Laundromat.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank so much for this one-shot cutie fic. I laughed after realizing where the idea came from. And what this
story implies. hahaha -)) Really... no matter what others do, they won't be able to stop us... and thanks for being one of those who never fail to keep the Joongbo faith alive. For more! - jumi ^_^

Anonymous said...

♥___♥ "Shillang, ogenki desu ka?" ♥

kilig~~~ ^________^
lakas maka-GV!! thanks you sis~ haha~

at talagang nagmadali na silang umuwi..hehe~

ang sweet lang! ♥ ♥ ♥

-shu ^.^v

Simply MC said...

wah wah wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... FAINTS OVER SA KILIG!!! wahhhh wottttttt.. thanks so much sis.. you made me a happy woman.. ill be sleeping laterz with this stupid smile plastered on my face.. lols..

God bless! kiss kiss..

~~ simply MC @Segyero13 ~~

Anonymous said...

Daebak !!! cuteee yung Shillang how are you pala ang inspiration mo :D

swabeng swabe ang sexy scene yung bahala na kayo magimagine ng susunod :P ang sweet lang nila

Thanks Ems !!! LUV IT :)

Ate Sue

mae said...

Nakakatanggal stress! Ito pala ung behind the scenes! really really nice fic ate,. Super duper like! Hahaha manigas kayo mga patatas! Walang makakapigil sa joongbo love! Bwahahaha

Anonymous said...

Nice one shot!

ris

Anonymous said...

Very creative! Cno mag aakalang dahil sa labada eh magkakaroon ng smexy este..lambingan ung 2! Haha! JJANG JJANG! :)

Bebe :)

wulan said...

ke ke ke....the recent mg ep, saluting you for being so creative with the story :-)

Anonymous said...

thank you ^^ so cute and sweet. (^_^).

- lakehouse1002 :))

Anonymous said...

di pa ako makaget over dun sa "Shillang, ogenki desu ka?" ni HB and now ta-daa..u gave us this.. tnx Unnie.. --meetian--

Anonymous said...

That's sweet Ems..simply love it

SueAnne