Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Bet


 Again,written on a whim. I practically slept the whole day due to my minor accident yesterday. I fell from the stairs on the way to work. Lol..anyways, its 11pm here, I need to sleep but I need to post this before I forgot.

I personally tried the T-Express in Everland when I went to Korea last year and I swear, my soul left my body during the steepest drop. It was my first time to ride a roller coaster and I doubt if I will try it again..

Hope you enjoy reading.. Folie update will be within this week.


The Bet

“What are we doing here, Hyunjoong?” Hwangbo exclaimed as soon as she got down from the car.

“Revenge, Buin. I need to prove to everyone that I am man enough?” Hyunjoong replied with determination in his voice.

“My goodness, Hyunjoong, that was four years ago. Can you not move on.” She replied in disbelief.

“No. I will prove to you that I can win the bet this time. And you have to promise me that if I won, you will just say yes to the consequence I’m going to give you.” He confidently stated.

Hyejung just rolled her eyes at him. When he offered his pinky finger so they can seal the deal, she just scoffed at him. Hyunjoong grabbed her hands so she doesn’t have any choice but to cross her finger with him.

As everyone knows, Hwangbo Hyejung and Kim Hyunjoong became a married couple in a make believe show – We got Married. They pretended to be a couple for about seven months. After the show ended, most people hope that they would become a real couple. They tried to be in constant communication with each other. Although Hyunjoong became busy with his drama and solo career as a singer, he tried his best to check on her “Buin” every chance he got. Hwangbo , on the other hand got her hands full in running her restaurant and taping for the Tv show- Muhan girls. She also appeared in several dramas. Both are busy with their own career but they promised to be there for each other. They never entered into relationship with other people but they can’t say that they’re officially together. They rarely have chance to be together but when they do, they make the most out of it. Every occasion they have gifts for each other and if one is sick, surely the other one would be there to take good care of him/her.  It’s like that for years now; they are more than friends but less than lovers. Both single but committed to each other.

Hwangbo stood still in front of T-Express ride in Everland. She was surprised when he called her this afternoon and informed her that he’s on his way to her house. He asked her to dress comfortably and they’re going on a trip so she opted to just wear shorts and baby tee. When Hyunjoong arrived and saw what she’s wearing, he pushed her back to her room and ordered her to change. She can hear him muttering that the shorts were too short so she put jeans. She just convinced him about the baby tee so even if he’s still reluctant, he just let her be.

“Buin, were now drawing the crowd, are you ready for the bet?” Hyunjoong asked confidently.

“ Whatever,Hyunjoong. I’m sure I’m still going to win this.” She retorted.

“Same bet, person with no facial expression wins. The staff to decide when we have the picture, okay?” he reminded her.

“I know the drill. But what will I get if I win?” she asked.

“Whatever you want,Buin.” He replied.

“Huh! Be prepared Joongie. I might ask you for the stars!” Hwangbo teased him.

“Don’t be so sure, Buin. You might cry later.”  Hyunjoong quipped and grabbed Hwangbo’s hand as they ran towards the ride.

The couple took the seats in front. They secured their seatbelts and wait for the ride to start. Hyunjoong wiped out his mischievous grin as soon as the ride moved and Hwangbo maintained a poker face. As the ride reached its steepest drop, Hwangbo just hold on to the bar with eyes close. Hyunjoong was just staring at her, his expression still the same. After about three more rounds, the ride is approaching the end station. Hwangbo sensing that the “three minutes of hell” is about to end, opens her eyes and look at Hyunjoong who was staring at her. All of a sudden, Hyunjoong leaned on to her and pulled her for a kiss. She was very surprised at his bold action and he only ended the kiss when the ride stopped.

She sat motionless for a few seconds and she didn’t notice that Hyunjoong already unclasped her seat belt. Only when he called her name and offered his hand so they can leave was she able to move. She was still flustered as they walk towards the viewing section and retrieve their photo.

“Buin, you have to keep your promise. You have to say yes to whatever I asked if I win the bet.” Hyunjoong teased her as they wait for the picture.

“Yah!  Why do you have to kiss me earlier?” she asked with a blush.

“I just wanted too.” He replied sleazily. Hwangbo hit his arms but Hyunjoong just laughed at her. And when the staff asked them to look at the picture on the screen, Hwangbo yelped a curse while Hyunjoong laughed in triumph. The staff even enlarged the picture, while Hwangbo slumped down on the floor and covered her face. The camera captured her surprised face when Hyunjoong kissed her. She just sat there still recovering from shock when he heard Hyunjoong asked the staff.

“Miss, tell me the truth. Who has less expression on that picture?”

The staff pointed him with a very big smile. Then Hyunjoong turned to the other staff on the counter and staff said the same thing.

“You heard that Buin,I won the bet. You have to give in to my request.” Hyunjoong exclaimed.

“You cheated Hyunjoong! You kissed me!” she rebuts.

“But there’s no rule saying that I can’t kiss you. Come on, Buin, the deal was winner should be the one with the less expression on the picture. Who knows that it will capture the exact kiss?” Hyunjoong countered.

“Aisssh! Okay, what do I have to do.” She replied with resignation.

“Let’s go down first. I want you to do it in front of the crowd just like my consequence the last time.”

When they reached the ground, Hyunjoong asked her to stand in the same spot where he performed the wave in WGM episode.  He asked her to close her eyes and wait for his cue. 

Hwangbo tapped her foot impatiently as he wait for Hyunjoong’s order. She began counting to pass time and already reached ten when he heard him asked her to open her eyes. She did and felt a light tap on her shoulder. A little bit annoyed she turned and got the biggest surprise of her life

“ Hyunjoong-ah, what are you doing?” he voice trembled as she asked.

Hyunjoong was on his knees with a ring on his hand.

“Buin, it’s been four years. We’ve never said it but I know in my heart that you love me just as much as I love you. I know we never officially agreed that you are my girlfriend and I might be too assuming, but right now in front of these people, I want to ask you. Can you be my wife, for real this time? Buin, will you marry me?

Hwangbo’s eyes began to water. She then took a deep breath got on her knees too and asked Hyunjoong.

“You won the bet, right?” to which Hyunjoong just nodded. She took a sigh, stared at the very nervous idol and answered.

“Then, Hyunjoong, I will gladly take the consequence.  Yes, Shillang I will marry you.” 

Hyunjoong’s face brightens up and he put on the ring on Hwangbo’s left ring finger.  He then wipes the tears on her face. Hwangbo smiled at him and laced her arms on his neck and Hyunjoong gently kissed her lips. The crowd cheered on loudly and the two broke apart. They stood up and made their way to their car. As they pass the T-Express, Hyunjoong approached the ride’s staffs and shook their hands. He said thank you and then they continue walking hand in hand. At the back of her mind, Hwangbo suspects that Hyunjoong and the staff connived with what happened today. It’s not a coincidence that the picture captured the kiss. But as she looked at her ring and as he stared at the lovely man whom she has loved for four years, she just shrugged it off. Anyway, if he cheated, Hyunjoong has a lifetime to make it up to her anyway. She’s still the winner in this bet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaawww hndi malayo na ganito ang mangyari!! Grabe buti nlng nagsusulat ka ng fics. Lalo ako naaadik! HAHAHAHA


This is so cute!

MORE! LOL

Bebe :)

Anonymous said...

again, you never failed to amused us... you never failed to give us hope... for that, thank you. all praised to one of the best writers in the group. for more! jumi ^_^

Anonymous said...

this is love~ ^_^

thank you for this...sweet & cute.. can totally picture this happening to them..haha~

hope you're feeling better now..
ingat~ ;D

-shu ^_^v

LvKprogram said...

Oh my SWEET!
Thank you! I hope you feel soon!

Anonymous said...

I can only say one word..."Beautiful!" Thank you for writing this; and for always keeping what all Joongboers around the globe truly hope for alive and continuously burning...that in the very near future, it will truly become a reality...if possible, just the way you've written it. Please keep on writing...as every article you write always gives us a reason to smile each day. Looking forward to your next one. And please get well soon. Best regards.

wulan said...

so sorry to hear about yr accident, Em. Are you alright? Hope nothing serious happen.

So loving this one shot, thx despite the injury, you still post the fic.

Take care and hve a good rest. Take yr time in updating the fic

Anonymous said...

Like this a lot! I think you've improved a lot. Write more :)

ellehcar817 said...

love it ems!!!

ok ka lang?