Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Folie a Deux

and because you gave me much love the last chapter, here's another update for all of you.. Thank you for the comments and for reading.. next chapter's on the work too.. hope you enjoy ...

this is also for belin per request for ellechar..

Chapter 7


“She’s back, Hyejung! My JaeKyung’s back!” Hyunjoong squealed in pure delight.


The pregnancy stick fell from her hand as soon as he heard him said those words. She was too stunned and was speechless for some time. Only when Hyunjoong called her name several times was she able to utter.


“Really?” and she took a deep breath and tried to stop her voice from trembling. “I’m happy for you Hyunjoongssi. Uhmm...Can we just continue talking tomorrow? I’ll just see you at Café Ritz, ok?” she tried to end the conversation.


“Hyejung-ah, are you okay? Are you sick?” Hyunjoong asked full of concern.


“I’m okay Hyunjoongssi. I’m just sleepy now. I’ll just see you tomorrow.” And she hangs up without even saying goodbye to him.


Tears began to fall as she realized her predicament. Hyunjoong’s ex fiancee’ is back and now she’s pregnant. How can she tell Hyunjoong about the baby? And what about her parents and brothers. How can she tell them that she’s pregnant out of wed lock? Can she raise her baby on her own? A lot of concern swarmed in her head and for the first time in her adult life, Hwangbo Hyejung cried herself to sleep.


The next day, Hyejung dragged herself out of bed. Her eyes are still puffy from crying and what makes things worst is when her morning sickness attacked. She looked at herself at the bathroom mirror after throwing up several times and she saw how wretched she looked. She decided to take a quick shower and prepare herself breakfast.


At around ten in the morning, her phone rang. She picked it up with heavy heart.


“Jungie-ah, how are you feeling? You told him about the baby? Junjin asked immediately.


“I’m going to meet him for lunch. Morning sickness is a bitch but I guess I have to deal with it.” She replied with a forced cheerful tone.


“Just keep me posted okay. Whatever happens after you meet him just let me know. We’ll be here for you.” He assured her.


“Thank you, Junjin. I’m so lucky to have a best friend like you and Bea. I’ll call you after we meet.” And she waited for him to hang up. She began preparing for her lunch out with Hyunjoong. She simply dons a brown maxi floral dress paired with sandals. Over all she looked so bubbly and confident – exact opposite of what she’s feeling inside. She locked her house and drives herself to Café Ritz.



When Hwangbo arrived at the Café’, the maitre’d ushered her to a very secluded spot. She was informed that Hyunjoong’s already waiting for her. She mustered all her courage before facing him. He stood up when she saw her approaching. She can see his bright smile as she walk towards him and her heart skip a beat.


“He is really beautiful. I just wish my baby would look like him.” She whispered to herself.


The maitre’d assisted her as she took a seat. Hyunjoong was looking at her intently and asked right away as soon as she sat down.


“Hyejung-ah, why do you want to see me?”


“Uhmmm..." She stuttered. “ We can discuss that later. Anyway, when is JaeKyung coming back?” she asked to divert his attention.


“She’ll be back early next week. It’s just so unfortunate that I will be out of the country for the next two weeks.” Hyunjoong replied with a sigh.


“What are your plans, Hyunjoong? Are you coming back to her?” Hyejung asked again.


“Honestly, I’m still not sure. I know I want her back but there’s a part of me that’s hesitating. When she called me, I almost jumped for joy. It’s just that I want to see her first, talk things thru before I decide." He answered.


“Do you love her still?” She asked again. This time her voice quivered.


“The only thing I can say as of now is that I’m happy that she’s coming back. Maybe I’m still hurt, but I want to see her, badly.” Hyunjoong replied looking straight into her eyes.


Hwangbo fought back her tears. How can she tell him about the baby? This man is still in love with his ex-fiancee’. And she knows that once the girl is back he’ll do everything to mend their relationship. Telling him that she’s pregnant is like taking away his chance for happiness. In her heart, she knew that she wanted him to be there for her baby but she want what’s best for Hyunjoong- even if it means having the baby on her own.


“Hyejung-ah, are you sure you’re okay?"  Hyunjoong asked. “You seem to be spacing out. Are you sick? You want me to bring you to the doctor?”


“No!” she blurted out loud at the mention of the word doctor. Hyunjoong was startled on how she reacted.


“I’m sorry Hyunjoong. I’m okay. Don’t bother. " And she even smiled at him so he won’t insist.


“Ok then, if you say so. Anyway, what are you going to tell me?” he asked again.


“Oh, it’s nothing. I just would like to check if you have any concern about your house.” She created an alibi.


“Whew! I thought something‘s troubling you. I love everything in the house. I am so happy on how it turned out. Thank you very much." He enthusiastically replied.


“Well, that’s nice to hear.” She quipped. Her stomach’s getting queasy with all the different smell of food. She needed to cut their lunch short. “Uhmm, Hyunjoong-ah, are you done with you food?” She asked.


“Yes. I’m just waiting for you. But why hurry?” He retort.


“Can we go now, I need to attend to a client." She reasoned out

“Ok then but would you like me to drive you there? I have free time, I can drop you off.” Hyunjoong offered.


“No, its okay, Hyunjoongssi. I have my car. I’ll go ahead now.” And she stood up


Hyunjoong stood up immediately too and reached for her hand.


“I’ll see you in your car.” He asserted and called the maitre d’. They just stood like that while waiting, and when the staff came, he pulled out several bills and then they leave.


When they reach her car, only then did he let go of her hand. He let her in and before she closed the door he whispered to her.


“I will miss you. I’ll be gone for two weeks. Please take good care of yourself.”


She was again fighting her tears so all she can do was nod and closed the door of the car. She tried hard to compose herself. Convincing herself that everything’s gonna be okay. She then decided to just pay Junjin and Bea a visit in their house instead of just calling. On the way to her friend’s house, she passed by her ob-GYN’S clinic and made up her mind to have a checkup. When she came in, only a few were on the waiting room. The nurse informed her that the doctor can see her after theother two patients. She took a seat to wait for her cue and even informed her friends that she’ll drop by after seeing the doctor. Her attention was caught when she saw a young couple sitting on the other corner. The couple was talking in hush, the man’s hand on top of the woman’s belly and they keep on gazing and smiling at each other. Love was very evident on their faces. Hyejung, look away. Her heart's aching at the thought that she will never experience what that girl has right now. She took a deep breath and whispered to calm herself.


“It’s going to be okay, baby, even if it’s just you and me. We’ll get through it, right.”


After about fifteen minutes, the nurse called her name. She stood up and put on a smile. The doctor was surprised to see her and she just nervously smiled back at her.


“Hyejungssi, what can I do for you? “She politely asked.’


“I just need to confirm something Doctor. You see, I conducted the test at home but I want to make sure.” She explained in a meek voice.


The doctor asked her the routine question and conducted an ultrasound. She confirmed that indeed Hwangbo Hyejung is pregnant- 6 weeks to be exact. Although, you cannot recorgnize thebaby yet, she asked for a copy of the sonogram. As she looked at the picture, she realized how much she already loved the baby. The baby's everything she got and she vowed to keep him/her safe and she’ll do everything to be a good parent.

Junjin and Bea were already waiting for her in the porch when she arrived. The couple ushered her in so they can talk. Bea asked her if she wants to eat but she declined.


“ Jungie-ah, so how was it? Did you tell him about the baby?” Junjin asked anxiously.


“ Junjin, I know that you only want what’s best for me and I love you for that but yes, I meet up with Hyunjoong earlier and  I didn’t tell him about the baby." She answered point blank.


Junjin was dumbfounded as well as Bea. He was left speechless so Bea decided to ask her.


“But why, Hyejung? What are your plans?" She asked full of concern.


“He’s getting married, Bea. His ex-fiancee’ is back. How can I tell him about the baby? It seems like robbing him of his happiness." She explained.


“Then, what about you, Hyejung? Can you please stop thinking about him for a while? What are you going to do?” Junjin asked in frustration.


“I’ll be okay Junjin. We will be okay. Just me and my baby. I will do everything. There’s just one favor that I need to ask from you guys and I hope you’ll understand.” Hyejung expressed. She took a deep breath and continued.


“I’ll be leaving for a while. Bea, if it’s okay, can you take over the office for a while. I know you’re also busy preparing for the wedding. It’s just that there are some things that I won’t be able to attend to but I will be running the business from where I’m going. I will also inform Kaye about our set up." She explained. Bea just nodded and hugged her tight.


“What about you parents and brothers? Are you going to inform them?” Junjin asked his face still grim after hearing her decision.


“Don’t worry, Jin. I will inform them. It’s the least I can do with this situation I’m in. “Hyejung replied with a smile.


“Are you really sure about this Hyejung?” Bea asked again. Hyejung just nodded.


“Well it seems everything‘s settled now and there’s nothing else we can do to change your mind." Junjin uttered with a sigh.


“Junjin-ah, I’ll be okay. I’m a big girl now. And besides I will be staying with a friend. You know Sarah right? The exchange student when we were in college.” She enquired. Junjin just nodded.


“Okay now, I’ll be leaving you two love birds here. I need to pack my things. I’ll be leaving end of next week. Oh, by the way, I got a picture of your soon to be godson or god daughter.” And she excitedly showed them the sonogram. She laughed with Bea when they saw how Junjin was trying hard to look for the baby in the sonogram. They talked for a while then Hwangbo bid goodbye.


“Jungie-ah, you forgot to tell us, where are you gonna be staying." Junjin asked as she sees her to the door.


“Phillippines. “She simply replied.

11 comments:

LvKprogram said...

New chapter! 1:35 morning where I am. I'll come back later with comment :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

poor HB such a hard situation to be in ... HJ still wants to see his ex but he still confuse.... HJ is already developing some feelings for HB

maybe its a good thing too that HB will go to the Phil....absence makes the heart grow fonder he'll miss HB for sure

Luving this efef galing mo Ems !!!

Thanks for the update :))

Ate Sue

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the update.,,I feel bad for Hwangbo but what can she do? It's partly her fault she's in that situation. But of course, it's a joongbo story so I'm gonna wait for more developments ^^

Philippines? Well, she can stay over at my place. LOL I wanna be the first to see the baby Uzoozin ^^

@spazzer2012

ellehcar817 said...

happy birthday ash!!! I'm loving all this June birthdays hahaha! thank you so much ems!!!

hala! sa pilipinas din na yong two weeks ni hj?

wulan said...

thx for the quick update, Em :-)

i feel sorry for hb, hope hj finds out about the pregnancy before his ex return. i want to see how will he take the situation as that will show what kind of a man he is.

waiting for your next update.

Anonymous said...

C Hwangbo pa rin ang hahanap hanapin mo.. sinusumpa ko HJ! Haha

Sna hbng ksama nya c ex..eh c Hb pa rin ang nasa icp nya.. mare-realize din nya na jackpot na sya k HB dto!!

Bebe :)

Anonymous said...

T.T feel bad about HB's situation... after everything that's happened to him, hj still feel happy about the girl coming back... -.-'
wonder what hj's going to do when hb leaves..will she tell him?

thanks for the update~ ^^

-shu ^_^v

Anonymous said...

was browsing from bees thoughts blog and clicked the purple soul link, i didn't know there's a fanfic mine in here. will be a regular reader from now on :)

i like the story. can't wait what will happen next. thanks for the fic^^

-lakehouse1002

Anonymous said...

i really like your story.

LvKprogram said...

I thought I can edit my earlier comment...but I guess not!

I feel the same way as the @spazzer2012. "I feel bad for Hwangbo but what can she do? It's partly her fault she's in that situation."

It's better for HJ to not knowing HB is expecting there child at this point in their lives. HJ said “I will miss you. I’ll be gone for two weeks. Please take good care of yourself.” tells me he has deep feelings for HB. Who knows reuniting with his fiancée give him chance to find out he still loves her & feels same about her (fiancée).

HB made a excellent choice to pick Phillippine as her choice of place to live raise her baby. Also not too far from her Korea. She can still run her business. Can I make a request baby HB is carring is boy? ^^

Can't wait for the next chapter! Salamat!!!

LvKprogram said...

" The doctor was surprised to see her and she just nervously smiled back at her."

OB GYN doctor and HB know each other?

Some expectant fathers can suffer morning sickness. This is just merely suggestion if you can weave in HJ experiencing morning sickness without knowing why.

Thanks!