Sunday, January 9, 2011

12 Days of Christmas…(4th day)

  Upon arriving at home, Hwangbo decided to arrange the gifts she’s been receiving for the past three days. So she clears a space on her bedside table and displays the spoon, the green beanies and the three big rice crackers. She’s trying to see the connections of the gifts.

Dec 17 on the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me


Hwangbo was up by 6am to prepare for a TV guesting. She needs to drop by at the gym first before the show. Almost done and about to leave her house, the bell rings at exactly 7am.

“Will this be a delivery again?” she asked herself on her way to the door. She opens the door with a smile.

“Good morning, Miss. Here’s your 4th package.” The delivery man greeted her. Hwangbo greeted him back and signed the papers. The man, glad that there were no questions that time, left immediately.

“Ok, so it’s the 4th day. I wish that by now, he’ll introduce himself already”. Hwangbo opened the small box and laughed. She looked for the note to see why someone would give her that. The box contains- 4 international call cards.

I love talking to you. I love hearing your voice and laughter. I love how your face lights up every time you smile. If I’ll be away I’ll spend fortune on call cards just to talk to you. I’m always thinking of you”.

Hwangbo inspected the call cards before putting it back in the box. The cards really cost a lot. She went back in to her room and put the box with the rest of the gifts. She grabbed her bag and left the house. Hwangbo was already driving when a thought suddenly hit her.

“Call cards?” “International calls?” “Rice crackers?” Wait, could it be...” Hwangbo paused and shook her head. “No, he’s not that type.” “He’s not into mushy things right? Aisssh, what’s wrong with me? Why did I thought that it could be him” she said to herself and just continue driving.

No comments: