Sunday, January 9, 2011

His Hands


Just this morning, somebody asked me what I love the most in you. I was a little bit speechless for a while. I can’t seem to find the specific answer to his questions but all of a sudden I blurted an answer which I for myself was surprised. I simply answered- your hands.

I could actually say a lot of things. I can say I like your pretty face. I have to be honest, I was smitten and I thanked God for sending a very beautiful partner for me in that reality shows. Or maybe I can tell them, I love your body- let me correct that one. I love your gorgeous HOT body. I adore your nice abs, broad shoulders, nice abs, and muscles and did I say nice abs? You get my drift? You are simply flaming HOT. I can also tell them that I love your voice. Hearing your soothing voice lulled me to sleep most of the time and made me dream of beatiful things

But why did I choose your hands? Simply because it was those wonderful hands which tried to catch fish for me during the honeymoon. It was your hands which created the first gift I received from you- the peanut snack necklace. It was your hands, which folded the first declaration of your love for me- the 1000 paper cranes and the serenade under the peach tree which I will never forget. And it’s the same hands which plucked the star in the sky as a last present before our fake marriage ended.

Your hands are my sense of comfort. When we decided to continue our relationship in secret, every time I feel like giving up, all you need to do is gently squeeze my hand and I will be alright. Every time I feel you gently touching my face before we sleep I can truly feel your love. Every time you see me sad, you would simply took both my hand in yours and tell me you love me. It never fails to lighten up my mood and give me a sense of peace.

When we decided to face the whole world and declare our love, your hands became my source of protection. The reporters were all around us, trying to get in between us but you keep on holding my hand- never letting me go. Before the conference ended, you knelt down, took my hand and offer me marriage.

After 2 years, it’s still your hands which keep me going on. I will always remember the feel of your hands running on my back trying to ease out the discomfort of morning sickness. Remember when you accidentally cut your fingers while preparing the Toppoki I asked you to cook in the middle of the night. You did that just to please your hormonal pregnant wife. And I tried hard not to laugh when I realized that I almost broke your fingers because I was holding to your hands so tight when I was giving birth.


Now I still can’t help but be in awe every time I wake up in the morning, seeing you holding our beautiful baby boy in your arms. Seeing how he quiets down every time you would run your hand in his small back and put him back to sleep. I know he can sense your love every time you touch him just like what I’ve always felt.

And if people will ask me again what I love most in you, I will definitely say, your hands. They are my source of strength and peace. With your hands, words are not needed to convey how much you love and protect our family. I know that whatever happens, all i need is to reach out to you and I will always have my own piece of heaven.

No comments: