Sunday, January 9, 2011

Of remote controls and chocolates

this fic was inspired by a friend of mine who went on a similar fight with his boyfriend..

Dedicated also to Bebelab.. your chocolate fic.. i hope you'll like it..


 
Of remote controls and chocolates


It was one of those rare occasions when Hyunjoong and Hwangbo got into a fight. They were vacationing together in a secret place, not even their managers were aware of the exact location. What started everything was their fight over the remote control.

Hwangbo and Hyunjoong just finished breakfast in the hotel. Not wanting to be found out, they went up immediately to their room after eating. Since both have nothing to do, they just decided to watch TV. Flipping channels, searching something to watch, Hyun joong asked Hwangbo to stop at the channel showing “Plan 9 from the outer Space” and said that he’d like to watch that movie. She just looked at him then again switch channel. She just stopped at the channel showing “My Sassy Girl”. Hyun joong was irritated so he grabbed the remote from his girlfriend and tuned it to the channel he’d like to watch. Hwangbo asked him to return it to the movie she’s watching but he wouldn’t budge. She was so pissed off so she stood, turns off the TV and went to their room. Hyunjoong was a little stunned but he just stood up, turn on the TV and resume watching.

Hwangbo stayed in their room for about 30 minutes to let her irritation passed. She doesn’t want to ruin their vacation by getting into a fight with him. Ready to face him and just let everything passed, her blood boils up again when he saw Hyunjoong still watching that nonsense film with a big bar of chocolate in hand – HER chocolate bars – one of his Christmas gift.

“Hyun joong, why are you eating MY chocolates?” she asked why controlling her voice.

“Buin, we didn’t have snacks left in the fridge so I just took this. Wei? Why are you angry?” he answered while munching on the bar.

“You have the nerve to ask me why I’m angry. First of all, I want to watch a movie but you switch it to that stupid movie. Who will endure watching that? It is so old and so impossible.” She said in a very annoyed voice. She took a deep breath to calm herself and continued while she got Hyun joong’s full attention.

“Now, I found you eating your Christmas gift for me. Shillang, that’s mine. It’s your gift and you’re not supposed to eat that”.

“Buin, you are so silly. I can buy you lots of chocolate if you want. I’m just hungry so I ate this”. Hyunjoong answered in a matter of fact tone.

“Hyun joong, do you really love me, I mean do you really care about how I feel?’ she asked again.

“Why do you have asked that now?” Hyun joong replied also starting to get annoyed.

“Now, you can’t answer me directly.” She paused for a while and said in exasperation.

“Hyun joong, let’s just break up.”

“What? You are ending our relationship because of that stupid remote and chocolates? Hyun joong exclaimed in total disbelief. “What is wrong with you, Buin? I mean I can’t understand you now. This is supposed to be a happy vacation, why do you have to be so childish”. He answered in frustration


“It’s not only because of chocolates Hyun joong. I’m so tired of trying to understand you,being insensitive to what I feel. I’m so tired of trying to be the mature one in this relationship. I can also be childish, Shillang and I think I’ am now. We can go home now and if people ask why we broke up, tell them because I’m childish.” Hwangbo answered with finality and went back to their room. Hyun joong was left in the living room still dazed with what happened.

Hwangbo cried her heart out in their room. She began packing her things so she can go home but fell asleep due to heavy heart and exhaustion. She was deep in slumber when she felt a hand touching her cheek and heard a voice whispering something. She tried hard to not let him notice that she’s already awake but she was listening to him intently.

“I’m so sorry, Buin. I know I can be a jerk sometime- well most of the time but I really didn’t intend to neglect or hurt your feelings. I love you and I’m so sorry for hurting you.”

Hwangbo opened her eyes when Hyunjoong left her room. She cried more after hearing that he’s also hurting. She felt his tear fell down her hands when he was talking to her. She decided to just stay there and not leave yet.

It was already late afternoon when Hwangbo decided to went out of their room. She’s already hungry and wants to eat. She was surprise not to see Hyunjoong in the room but still went down to eat, thinking that he’s also just trying to cool off. When she went back after eating and Hyun joong was still not in their room, she decided to look for him in the hotel. She asked around and was advised that they saw him left before lunch. She already started getting nervous so she went back in their room and tried calling him but his phone was unattended.

Hwangbo waited for him patiently in their hotel room. It was already getting late but he’s not yet back. She is already so worried that something bad might have happened to him or that he really broke up with her. Tear started running down her face when her phone rang.

“ Buin, I know that you’re still angry with me, but can you just come down here at the hotel’s restaurant for dinner.” Hyun joong asked to which she simply said yes.

When she arrived, dinner was already prepared. A note was placed on top and it simply said

“I know you still don’t want to see me. Enjoy dinner. I don’t want you to get sick”

Hwangbo’s tears fell again and although she wants to be with Hyunjoong, she just ate dinner and went back to their room after.

She opened their hotel room heavy hearted thinking that she’ll be alone. Hwangbo was surprise when she saw her Shillang sitting in the couch head down. He raised his head as she approached and said.

“Buin, I tried but I can’t stay away from you. I’m so sorry for hurting you. I love you and I will try to be a better boyfriend for you”.

Hwangbo sat down beside him, took his hand and said

“Shillang, I’ am also sorry for saying things that might have hurt you. I know acted irrationally too. I love you and I don’t want you to leave me. I was so worried when you were gone for so long”. She hugged him to let him know that everything’s okay now.

“Buin, I have something for you. A peace offering” Hyun joong said shyly and handed her something.

“ Ahhh. My shillang. I don’t need chocolates or any thing. I’m just so glad that were good again. “Hwangbo uttered.

“But, can you try them first. I went to the chocolate store and requested them for you”.

Hwangbo opened the chocolates and was so touched when she saw that embossed on each chocolate were “I’m sorry Buin. I love you”. She began eating one when she suddenly stopped and looked at Hyunjoong. He asked her what’s the matter but she simply said while munching on the bar.

“I want Hyun joong flavored chocolates” and she kissed him deeply sharin the chocolates on her mouth.

After the breath taking kiss, both of them were grinning from ear to ear. Hwangbo stood up and get 2 glasses of water. She drink her water and looked again and Hyun joong.

“Do you like the chocolates Buin?” Hyun joong asked in sleazy tone.

“Oh, I sure love it Shillang.. But I’m craving for something” she replied.

“Tell me, Buin. I’ll buy it for you.” Hyun joong prodded.

Hwangbo inched closer to him and in her very husky voice said

I want my Hyunjoong. Pure and unadulterated”. And again kissed him with steaming passion.

No comments: